rebuild is finally done!! what next??

cameron_miller9

After a meltdown in my 07 5.9, I had the motor rebuilt with coated mahle pistons, 24v connecting rods and a new crank ( old one was slightly bent?) had everything balanced as well. Also had the block fire ringed and bolted the head up with ARP headstuds. Went ahead and got some 100hp sticks from exergy and a new stock turbo. the only reason i didnt go bigger on the turbo is i plan on a stock over s400 twin setup later... and I HAVE to build a trans soon, pretty sure the clutches are almost 100% trashed by now, it slips pretty hard. The motor is runnin like a dadgum champ though, really happy with it. Next on the list aside from the tranny is likely a 150 air dog. anyone have any other suggestions?

You need a turbo. With those injectors, you have enough fuel for 700+hp. Dont beat on it too much or you will be building it again.

I thought about sticking a Hamilton in there but after about 12 grand and wasn't sure of drive ability with the cam I decided to leave the stock one in. and yeah I know those are big sticks for basically a stock truck power wise but I keep an eye on the pyro, in short bursts of throttle at high rpm it can get hot, about 1500 degrees but I rarely get it there much less stay in it! usually cruising speeds on the highway are about 600 degrees or so. still have the stock cp3 as well so there's not really a lot more fuel hittin than stock injectors, but I agree, definitely need a turbo or two soon!!

The cam will only improve your drivability especially with a big frame charger and big wheel

You need a turbo. With those injectors, you have enough fuel for 700+hp. Dont beat on it too much or you will be building it again.
What he said^. Air before fuel always, always, always.

You have a 2007, are you running EFI Live? If not, I would get right on it.

If you are mulling over a cam purchase then I would give this thread a read: http://www.competitiondiesel.com/forums/showthread.php?t=130054

What do you have for valve springs and push rods?

EFI live coming next week sometime, just sold the smarty. I have a trans to build and then a turbo, or two coming right after... I was in the middle o a rebuild, so it didn't make sense to get new stock injectors, I've just been easy on it until more air comes my way. however I have had to aggravating issues with these effing Injectors!

Back