Rebuild or replace

dangerous06

diesel tech
The dodge seats have been in need of help from the beginning and mine is finally dead! Should I rebuild or replace? I don't want to spend a grand on a seat but want to drive for hours in comfort! Any ideas? Any fixes out there?
These seats suck when driving cross country! Even a seat out of something else is an option but what? The ford seats don't have these issues not sure of the Chevy's.

How dead are you talking?

You can buy the bottom foam for 100 bucks or so from geno's garage.

Maybe a vendor here does that I'm not aware of.

I need to replace the foam on my 2006 laramie...Genos says the foam doesn't work for Leather seats..any confirmation on that?

I am in the same boat. No one that I have found still makes the seat covers or the back foam. All I can find is the seat bottom foam that has already been replaced once.

I am game for some Longhorn Larimie seats. Anybody shoe horned some of those in the older trucks?

Well I dropped 3 bills on a complete seat rebuild with better foam and reinforced back support. I also had the center console recovered from the cracked cover. Best it's ever felt! Some things should be left to the pro's and a good upholstery shop is the ticket! He replaced all the worn leather and looks like new! I seem to be a bit closer to the ceiling now!

Last edited:
I am in the same boat. No one that I have found still makes the seat covers or the back foam. All I can find is the seat bottom foam that has already been replaced once.

I've got the factory front seats out of my 04 if you want, they're in perfect shape and haven't been sat in for over 4 years. They're just kind of in my way now. Factory early 04 black/charcoal cloth

I REALLY want to get my seats done. Katzkins makes a good looking pattern, and i would get my local upholsterer to put in an extra heat pad high up on the shoulders for the cold winter days up here.

Loving it! Opened the truck and that new glue smell came out! Comfy Best Christmas present to myself yet!

Been talking with these people about new leather for an 03 Laramie we have, they have an only interior color design app you can play with the colors

I priced leather for all the seats and consoles for 1300 or so.

http://www.alealeather.com/eng/about.php

attached a color/pattern scheme I was pondering

Attachments

• Seat Pics.jpg
    Seat Pics.jpg
    18.4 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
I've got the factory front seats out of my 04 if you want, they're in perfect shape and haven't been sat in for over 4 years. They're just kind of in my way now. Factory early 04 black/charcoal cloth

I am interested. I will pm you an e mail address to send some pics. Will you ship. I really only need the driver front. Is it power with power lumbar?

Back