Rebuilt nv4500

Justin_dubree

Welded something together really good in my nv4500 the other day coming back from Georgia. Trucks currently getting the trans pulled, but I was wondering if anyone has any info on a good vendor to get a full rebuilt trans from in the event that this one is gone for good. I know CPP carries nv's for a decent price, I was just wondering if you guys know any others around. Jasper wants some crazy dollars for a replacement. Any help would be appreciated, I know this is always the place to find those hidden internet gems. Thanks.

I am in the same boat. Forgive my ignorance, but does jamie mean CPP? It does seem a decent price, I have been leaning that direction.

Sent from my SCH-S960L using Tapatalk

Midwest transmission in Minnesota and standard transmission in texas. My friend got a brand new nv4500 from midwest and I believe Standard was the guys who first made the fully splined shaft.

Ended up going with a rebuilt unit from standard transmission. Fully splined main shaft, and updated fifth nut. Not a bad price, even after freight fees, it ends up being within maybe +/- $50 of CPP. They had a bit faster turnaround time in comparison so that's why I ended up going with them. Truck should be back together later today, we'll see how she goes.