Recipe for 500?

PTSUPERD

^^ Rockin the Fez!
Just curious. On an 06. What is the best (power and safety) and most cost effective combo for 500?

This would be a "street" truck, with occasional towing of around 8-10k pounds

Last edited:
Gare Bear, leave the Dodges alone, you cant handle the truth!

just messing with you, a TST/Smarty stack is good, probably need a new torque converter/clutch/tranny work to handle the power, upgrade the turbo, gauges (of course, i was going to do that first).

People can get 550 or so with STOCK injectors, and maybe head studs for cheap insurance

Not looking to get rid of the ol 7 pernt 3, but wouldnt mind having a new truck as a daily driver. lol

Are tranny mods needed for 400? i'm guessing that can be reached on a common rail with basic mods huh?

programming, intake, exhaust...

yeah, basic mods always help, intake, exhaust, etc, etc.

tranny mods for 400? yes, I would do input shaft and torque converter at the least

62/14 turbo, tranny upgrades, lift pump upgrades, and smarty/crazy larry your choice.....that should make 500 while keeping EGT's in check. It did on my truck.

Small nozzles, Smarty, 62mm charger, rest of the usual mods.

clutch or tranny upgrades, 50hp injectors, 62/13, programmer. In the case that I know it was a superchips and the truck made 503hp I think

PTSUPERD said:
Just curious. On an 06. What is the best (power and safety) and most cost effective combo for 500?

This would be a "street" truck, with occasional towing of around 8-10k pounds

As long as the pile can make beer runs without sh!ttin the bed, leave it alone until Oct 23rd. :Cheer: :Cheer:

I would do like a 62/14 turbo, AFE Stage II intake, Rip or farmboy has some good deals on exhaust, TST PMCR R49AP i would think with the added rail pres and adjustable timing u would be able to make that without stacking(maybe),GDP 392 fuel system(with big line kit), the tranny upgrade mentioned above, TST R49 has built in gauges, studs for future bombing:rockwoot: ! That should do ya!! But this just my $.02

Buddy

bbunting said:
As long as the pile can make beer runs without sh!ttin the bed, leave it alone until Oct 23rd. :Cheer: :Cheer:

lmao. The pile is a DI truck BB.....those dont break! LOL

Dont worry. Big azz cooler full of 2 XX will be in the bed.

I had a II 62/14 hot edge/mp-8 and did 491/1079 this april. Looking for more now. Now water is on will let you know after being dyno'd at Shieds this august.