Recon Lights

Burnproof16

Are They Any Good. Do They Last. I'm Lookin into gettin a 3rd brake light and some tail lights from them. Any better brand?

They are expensive last I checked. Look at the ones on Ebay. I have had good luck with mine for almost three years and they are pretty cost efficient also.

They look great, but there's a lot of people who aren't happy with the quality. Either they leak or stop working correctly. I bought their LED taillight bar and it was shot after a year. I still liked the look of the bar and bought a $35 knock off brand and its holding up just as well.

From another site: RECON LIGHT/PARTS= CHEAP JUNK! - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

--Snake

Last edited:
Recon is same China s***it than average eBay copy, but more expencive.

Recon cab lights are made in China, only package is printed in US , if you want to proof I can send you the pictures.

If you want black cab light or 3rd brake light, just use stock light and tint with special pain.

Thats what I have heard about them that they just don't last. I do like the LED lights though. Is There Any place that I can find good LED tail lights and 3rd brake light for a 2nd gen. I have check ebay and there isn't much of a choice I did find one website called andysautosports.com but it seems like a fake website with a bunch of cheap sh*t on it but I don't know lol. Any ideas.

Any possible option for these trucks for taillights. I've found on ebay...

We tried the cab lights on my Dad's 05.. always had problems with leaking. He finally put the stockers back on, no more problems.

I'm lookin for smooked LEDs. My options are kinda limited since recon has there sh1t in every magazine and takin all the business it seems but I'll keep an eye out on ebay

i have cab lights and a 3rd break light.. i love the cab lights no leaks they are doing good.. but my 3rd break light has a glow in it at all times out the white cargo light section.. not full power but a wierd glow.. i called them and they told me to put a resister in it and it will stop... now why should i have to put a resister in there product in order to make it work?

my recon roof lights and headlights leaked, my line of fire bar doesnt work right, love my taillights but they are built cheap. i gave up on them after trying pretty much everything they have

my recon roof lights and headlights leaked, my line of fire bar doesnt work right, love my taillights but they are built cheap. i gave up on them after trying pretty much everything they have

Damn lol. I Will for sure not go down that path then. Thanks for the info.

I must of gotten lucky with my cab lights from recon (no leaks so far) but I decided not to buy my taillights from them after a buddy of mine did and informed me they didnt last too long

My truck has ebay one piece headlights ebay led tailights, recon cab lights, recon fender lights.. all holding up fine although i will say it took me 2 times to send my tailights back and geting them exchanged to get em not to leak... i have pics of each but every time i try to post pics it never works

I've had no problems with any of my lights so far. Headlights and taillights from ebay and cab lights and fender lights from recon. Satisfied so far

I have purchased several sets of lights from recon and also got to looking on ebay about a year and a half ago and found the exact same lights for half the price. I think I was paying $150 shipped for a set of 3rd gen smoked taillights I ordered probably 20 sets for friends etc and of the 20 none have had any issues. I just ordered a set for my 2nd gen dually off of ebay and they are exactly the same as the recons as well. One thing I noticed is that the pair of lights come in a large box and inside are two smaller boxes the two smaller boxes are the same boxes that recon uses and the larger box imo recon just makes and sticks the smaller boxes in them. Recon is just a middle man pulling straight profit off the lights. But either way I have had 0 issues out of recon or ebay lights that are the same as what ebay sells.

Back