Redesigned 181/210

Hamilton Cams

ignorant
Recently we had the chance to have some of our design work done by a master cam designer that has been in the game over 35 years. One of those guys that you never hear about but you have probably run one of his designs if you have ever bought an aftermarket cam. We added more lift and added a bit more duration at the higher lift numbers as well as tightened the LSA to 105.5. I believe this new design has set the bar a little higher on drop in cams.

The new specs are 181/210 .290"/.320"

This combined with our new springs for higher lift cams and our new ultralight retainers for the 24v make a pretty mean package for those that run higher rpm.

Stay tuned for more exciting new product releases in the next few weeks!

Sounds promising, will have to talk to you about some of those retainers for this winter.

This combined with our new springs for higher lift cams and our new ultralight retainers for the 24v make a pretty mean package for those that run higher rpm.

Stay tuned for more exciting new product releases in the next few weeks!

Subscribed. :pop:

Will this new 181/210 be too much for a street truck setup and lose some bottom end? Also will be still be able to get the old Big Stick grind?

If I'm ever in Austin do you do shop visits and could I pick a camshaft up in person?

-Dustin-

No we don't have them on the site now. We have quite a few products to add this next month so we are waiting to get it all in one hit.

No, we don't have the old 181/210 available. When Geoff and I went different ways, part of our agreement was that the 181/210 would be retained by Colt.

They will be great for a street truck but for applications that don't see much over 3,000rpm our 178/208 will be the best option for lower egt's and best mpg. It will spool even earlier than the new 181/210 but the new 181/210 will have a wider/ longer power band. By the way Geoff had a shipment of new cams come in of the old 181/210 variety. Give him a shout if you want to get a few.

Dustin, My brother runs the shop now, and I have a small warehouse downtown Liberty hill, Texas. Feel free to stop by anytime. If you come by in the A.M. there is a little diner a few buildings over we can grab a cup of Joe and some Kolaches at.

Brad, I will get your goodies out as soon as they hit the door.

Jsf350, The gentleman I am refering to spent over 30 years designing cams for Crane. He is a master designer and a great guy. We have some very exciting profiles coming out soon!

Back