redline help

inline6power

more hp than you
ok guys, got my redline and this thing is increadable. i DO NOT have the map sensor harness for my year truck so chip told me how to run the box with out it so the map senson from the box is not hooked up currently. ok here is my problem. the box when first powered up says unlimited 4500. the thing is, when i go to set my rpm redline, it only goes to 4000. another thing that kinds worries me is that the max rpm setting does not seem to work. it does not defuel to keep my truck at a certain rpm. i had the setting at 3500 yesterday and it pegged 3829. my question is is this because i dont have the map sensor hooked up yet? i will be getting the new harness monday but just want to know if thats my problem or is it something else.

Best thing is to ask Chip......I know the unlimited version is rarely made if it is anymore at all....even that said with the unlimited box the truck will only go as high as the pump will let it.....which in most cases isn't much higher than 4000 rpm..... which is where the standard redline box levels out. As for changing the redline be sure that when you scroll up/down with the black button to the desired rpm the red button is enter. Another thing to remember is that the max value rpm sometime gets a little incorrect after some fun, I found mine at 4828 once and I know I never went above 4000. It's does some interesting things somethings.....BUT MAN........they do make alot of power:ft: .

boy is it. i mean when i went from my drag comp to my TST comp, i was amazed how how much harder the TST fueled, and now its the same thing. i cant believe how much harder the redline fuels than my TST did. this box is just down right nasty. and its so nice to not have the shudder. WAY easier to build boost off the line.

I ran the RD box for a while.... The amazing thing is on a dyno the box didn't make any more HP than the TST comp, actually it is slightly less. The TST comp made like 5 RWHP more than the RD. Also the Edge drag comp was only 12 RWHP less than the TST box. Both the TST and RD like a timing box, my dyno testing showed the Edge EZ to produce the most HP/TQ.

The nice thing about the RD box is the added RPM, but for driveability I personally like the Edge Comp.

Doug

when you did 832 doug, were you using a redline? any idea on the issues that i am having with my box.

When I did the 832 it was a RD + EZ mix. It sounds like the RD is having issues.... That is one of the things I really don't like about this box is reliability. I had mine for a little over 12 months and it was back to BC 4 or 5 times during this time frame.

Doug

got it figured out. when you upgrade to the unlimited version, the max rpm setting does not function anymore. the unlimited version will turn as many rpms as the pump will allow. thanks guys and i will let you know how it does after the dyno.

Did you do any modifications to help balance or smooth the engine out (like a fluidampner?)

How does it run at 3800?

MD-LUCKY said:
Did you do any modifications to help balance or smooth the engine out (like a fluidampner?)

How does it run at 3800?
no i got pretty much everything else done but a fluidampner. i got some decent valve springs but not the best so thats really the only thing holding me back. as far as how it runs, it pulls just as hard at 3800rpms as it does at 3000rpms. the added rpms really help out . with my TST comp smarty stack, i could punch it from a stand still and when the boost comes on, it would break them loose in 2nd and hit 3rd and take off. now with the higher rpms, it will break them loose and it will continue to spin all through 3rd and then i will catch traction when it hits overdrive. i love it.

My truck is a reg cab and with my redline and 100's it will light 3rd and 4th gear no problem!!!!! Love the RPMssss