Reflash

I've got it, and it seems fine. One of its biggest advantages is that it is supposed to trigger an SES light if EOTs exceed ECTs by 15 degrees or more. However, this past weekend I pulled my boat 75-80mph down the interstate and exceeded the 15 degree window briefly a few times, and the SES light was not triggered.

I've been trying to get my dealer to replace my oil cooler since the end of last summer and was hoping this VXCF9 flash would do the trick with it setting off the SES light, but no luck on my first trip with it.

Maybe when the temps warm up a bit more the 15 degree diff will be exceeded for a longer period of time and that will be enough to trip the SES light.

I was also having some difficult cold starting issues. The last trip in to the dealer (early February) I pointed them right at the FICM and told them to check it over closely. When I picked up the truck they told me the FICM tested fine and that they only installed the latest VXCF9 strategy. Cold starts still sucked after that, so after getting the truck home I tested my FICM myself and watched the voltage drop from ~33v to ~20v during the injector buzz portion of the wait to start sequence (it should hold a steady 45 - 48v), so I went ahead and replaced the FICM myself. The difference at cold start up is amazing.

So, in my experience, the VXCF9 strategy hasn't hurt my mileage, did nothing to help my cold starts, and has yet to trigger the SES for exceeding the 15degree delta between EOT and ECT. It seems to run smoothly though, so I sure don't see any downside to it. I'm just keeping my fingers crossed for the oil cooler trouble code because I know my oil cooler is on the verge.

Last edited:
Positive.

My SCT programmer tells me the strategy is now VXCF9117, which is the "latest and greatest" available for my truck.

Unless the chick is REALLY hot!!! :rockwoot:

what-you-did-there-i-see-it.thumbnail.jpg

The mod should change the title of this thread to "Dumpster", because it's been trashed.

I am happy with the mileage and performance of the VXCF9 strategy. I'm just disappointed that it has yet to trigger the SES light for EOT > (ECT+15).

The mod should change the title of this thread to "Dumpster", because it's been trashed.

I am happy with the mileage and performance of the VXCF9 strategy. I'm just disappointed that it has yet to trigger the SES light for EOT > (ECT+15).

Sorry I tried to save someone from trashing their mileage, power, and driveability of their truck because they got the garbage that is known as a Reflash.

I agree wit paintrain when the dealer last flashed my truck i went from getting 16-17 mpg to 14. Shame on you paintrain for tryin to help someone!

if they reflashed is there a way to go back to the other program

Come on guys....

The two posts prior to my "dumpster" comment added nothing pertinent to the thread. Agreed?

...and the one above mine.

I give up.

You are right.

I am wrong.

You win.

I lose.

Now I remember why I don't post often on this site.

*bdh*

Last edited: