Relocating to D.C.

Rob D

Get R' Done
Hey guys -

Will be relocating to the D.C. area in October - how may guys around the area???

What part are you moving to? My wife and I moved to Centerville for 5 years after we finished college because she was hired by United Airlines at Dulles. We both loved it, and sometimes wish we never left. Made great money for as young as we were, had some really cool friends(most still keep in touch), but the whole metro area is a total nightmare for driving. Good thing you have a fast truck. Best of luck relocating, and I'm sure you will enjoy the area.

Not sure exact location, I am going to work for a large construction management company called Hensel Phelps. I got hired out of their Chantilly, VA office but will not find out what job site I will be assigned to until July. Thanks for the responses guys

I live on the eastern shore but work in greenbelt at goddard space flight center about 15 min from DC.

Yup Same here on the Eastern Shore

Steve, you know a guy named Ed Miller at your work? Recently did a bunch of stuff to his 97 Ford and figured out he worked at Goddard

I have a home in Pasadena and Berlin Md. So depending on where I'm sleeping that night, anywhere from 30 minutes to 2.5 hours. Here is a little bit of info most people don't know about D.C. It is a no fault zone for accidents. If someone plows into your vehicle even if you are parked it is YOUR ins. company's responsiblity to pay for damages. No I am not kidding, It was passed years ago to protect Diplomats who have never driven in a city before. Liability insurance is not for D.C. drivers. I had a woman slam her car into reverse after she got stuck in an intersection and cave the front of my truck in. My insurance had to pay all costs.

I have a home in Pasadena and Berlin Md. So depending on where I'm sleeping that night, anywhere from 30 minutes to 2.5 hours. Here is a little bit of info most people don't know about D.C. It is a no fault zone for accidents. If someone plows into your vehicle even if you are parked it is YOUR ins. company's responsiblity to pay for damages. No I am not kidding, It was passed years ago to protect Diplomats who have never driven in a city before. Liability insurance is not for D.C. drivers. I had a woman slam her car into reverse after she got stuck in an intersection and cave the front of my truck in. My insurance had to pay all costs.

That man speaks the truth!

Yeah, and the worst part is the accident odds are pretty high around there, at least for me they were. If I remember correctly I was in 3 accidents, someone hit me each time, but I did travel alot.

Back