Remote Start

stilwtr74

What brands of remote systems do you all use and any problems or issues with installation or operation?
Thanks for the input.
:Cheer:

did the 07 5.9's come with remote start from the factory like the 6.7's? is there a way to retrofit it in if so and get a dodge key with the start button on it so you dont have to have another remote

What brands of remote systems do you all use and any problems or issues with installation or operation?
Thanks for the input.
:Cheer:
You will not find a better remote starter than Compustar Pro. However they are very expensive (almost $300 for just the starter not installed). I order mine from Canada because they don't have the FCC rules so the range is better. Here's a link to their site, I have the RF-P2W9000-SS it has 1 mile range (yes it works) so you can start your truck from the back of a resturant, not walk to the door like the other brands I've had. It's one of the only ones with real 2-way remotes. Other's say their 2-way but the last brand I had showed full signal but I was 2k miles from my truck. Remote shows inside vehicle temp, shows if the doors are locked, run time, if you wish it will lock the doors when you walk away and unlock them when you walk back (not available on the USA version). Works on manual transmissions (which is what mine is)

If you want something cheaper I've had good luck with Crimestopper and CodeAlarm. DEI is pretty good also, if you do some searching you'll find out a lot of the cheaper ones are all made by the same company just labeled different.

Back