removing delivery valve removal

cumminss2000

i just got my timing kit last night and have a 12v motor to take the pump off. before i tear it apart i would like to do a test time. i didn't get the delivery valve socket and i was wondering if there was a way to take the dv off without the socket?

A timing kit's not a timing kit without the socket..............

Last edited:
If you're going to play with pump timing just buy a timing kit that includes the socket! Snap-on makes a nice set that's a little pricey but if you plan to use it often its well worth the money! Vise grips are for rusty bolts not precision injection pumps LOL

SnapOn is the way to go!

There less than half now from when I bought mine.

i would love to see somebody set the holder back to spec with one smooth motion to 80 ft lb with vice grips LOL

i would love to see somebody set the holder back to spec with one smooth motion to 80 ft lb with vice grips LOL

ya definitely not going with the wise grip.

being i already got the gauge and the puller i'm just gonna order the socket and i'll have it all.

If you buy a timing kit spend the extra money for a good set like snap on. I have a cheaper one and the gear puller plate is bending into mushroom.

I bought one of the cheaper sets also, my holder socket was almost impossible to get on the holder. Bought just the socket from snap on, its the only way to go! Im sure not a vet at this, just what i ran into.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk

I pulled the gear off last night and it did bend it some with just one use. Live and learn i guess.

The snap-on one is the only way to go. Everything in it has a warrenty except the dial indicator. If the puller messes up you get a new one

I'll second the snap on kit. Love mine... Bit overkill I suppose lol since I have never made any money with mine.

I told ya...... SnapOn

but there is always vise grips for the use once people.......:doh: