Removing retarded grandpa tow mirrors.

Macktruckdriver

So everyone knows the dumb idea someone had to bolt mirrors to the door. Has anyone removed them and just plugged the holes and installed the normal tow mirrors. The truck I have must have originally had power heated mirrors. It has the button in the dash for heated mirrors and someone removed the power mirror switch from the door. Doors anyone have pics if what they used to plug the holes without actually filling and repainting the door. I haven't pulled one of yet but looks like it's just got nutcerts not just a bolt through the door.

My truck had them when I bought it and, yes, they have nutserts. Mine were white and almost as big around as a quarter. I tried drilling them out unsuccessfully and eventually used a grinder to grind the tops off. The holes are @ 7/16" or 1/2". I found some large "darts" at Lowe's and used black silicone to hold them in. My plan is if I ever get to paint the truck to weld the holes up. My paint's shot, clear coat's started coming off. This is what it looks like now. Please excuse the dirty truck.

mirrorinserta_zps1a02b2f1.jpg

mirrorinsertb_zps3aa73452.jpg