Replace Injecors...HELP!

Dboy11

Resident Closet Gay
Ok, so to start off ive really dont have a clue as to what I want to do with this truck except tell you that it tows about once a week, heavy, and I am a full time student and have a full time job, therefore I dont have much time to mess with this thing.

My situation is that Ive got the truck listed in my sig, and ive got my number 2 injector going bad. So now I have no idea what to do. Should I replace the one injector? Should I replace all the injectors with stock ones? Should I get some mild improvement over the stock injectors, and if so which ones. Any help would be great, and if you have any questions just ask me. I am mainly looking for reliability right now as I dont have the time to mess with it. I want to drive it, thats about it for now.

Also, if I were to do some performance injector, I would need head studs correct? I dont mind spending on this thing as long as its done right and fixed once.

Thanks!

For reliability reasons first, warranty second, and availabilty go with stock from your ford dealer. They're around $450 plus core. I think mine was about $487 all done and said.

They are not bad to replace if you were to do it yourself. The 6.0 Bible helped me alot but I turn wrenches for a living.

OOPS was worng on price of injector, it was 260 plus core of 180 = 440

Will the number two is on the passenger side, you can do it yourself, but it will take some doin. I would just put a stock one back in. If your going to get studs and whatnot later then just save the injectors for then. It will be way easier to do that and delete the egr with the cab off.

Alright thanks guys. I apologize for not getting back sooner but its exam week at school! My egr is already deleted so Im thinking of just doing stock ones and replacing the whole side with the bad injector and then if the other side goes i will go back and do that side. How does that sound?

Your money, I would just replace the one and roll the dice with the rest. A new injector is just as likely to go out as an old injector, in my opinion. Maybe after replacing the bad injector try some Rev-x additive. I am on the fence on the stuff but many and I mean many people like on here and psn.

What side is number 2 on????

Will the number two is on the passenger side, you can do it yourself, but it will take some doin. I would just put a stock one back in. If your going to get studs and whatnot later then just save the injectors for then. It will be way easier to do that and delete the egr with the cab off.

Are you sure about the passenger side???

passengers side , from front to rear is 1-3-5-7 drivers side, front to rear is..2-4-6-8-

Well then another question for you guys. Being that I do not have the time, nor all the specific knowledge to replace my injectors, I have one helluva time finding knowledgeable people like I find on this website, in real life. Any suggestions in the Virginia Beach, VA area

I was told about $200 a side to replace them if that helps any from my ford guy.

2 is on the drivers side. I meant that the passenger side is easier to change unless you got the number 7 out.

So are these that hard to. I have limited knowledge when it comes to the motor but is it something that i should attempt myself?

If your mechanically inclined and have the tools it is not a bad job just take your time and lay everything out so you know where it goes. Take a look at the sticky "6.0 Bible" at the top. It will give you the r&r of the injectors. Read and see what you think.

Thanks alot Bad Moose! I will take a look at that. Most of the stuff I ever work on is equipment, the truck just seems scary to me!

I know what you mean. I work on large equipment but when it comes to something I can see over the hood it's a little intimidating.

Just to let everyone know what happened, I ended up ordering the reman injectors from Accurate diesel for $185 a piece. I will be putting them in tonight tonight with the help of a diesel guru.

Back