Replaced Fass Filter now odd noise

zrultima

I just replaced my O.E. filter that came with my Fass 220 I went ahead and got the cross reference fleet guard filters from my local fleet guard. When I went to start the truck I heard this loud clanking noise coming from the filters. It sounds terrible is this normal?? I never noticed that particular noise before any suggestions?? I put back in the original ones the noise aint that bad but its there

well yes I bumped the starter for a while and u can still hear the clanking noise I bleed it from the filters too

You used to have to crack the filter loose a bit with it running for it actually to prime. It wouldn't make a clanking noise though, you could just tell that it was running without load.

It wouldn't be valves mikmaze truck aint even running... I have loosen the filter to get full fuel in them and it still makes the noise. Not as much but its there

Ok so when I read this the first time I though how does one screw up filters!! Well I'm here to tell you this guy isn't crazy! It started as a normal day and a good idea change filters came to my mind. Well so I changed out my 1001 and 3003 out for Napa/wix filters 33528(3003) is a 2m and 33522(1001) is a 10m. Well after my filter change will sitting at a light with the window down I notice an odd noise coming from my FASS. When I got home I checked everything and everything was good. So I changed filters back to the old ones one at a time. Well guess what put the 1001 back on and my cavitation noise was gone. So im not sure if having a 10m ws is to restrictive or if it's just the filter itself.

Well the noise its a howlin noise its more of a cracking noise and the filters are put on correctly no problems so far just the noise

That's all mine had was a noise. Changed the water separator back to the old one and my noise went away. All I could tell is it could flow enough fuel to keep my pump happy.