Replaced the head and now no start

Lostnwalmart

ok so got the head on this week got every thing cheey and good to go. i go to fire the truck and we get nothing, cracked the lines got fuel out got her to fire on a lil bit of eather then she died right after, and kept trying well now the injection pump is no longer pushin the fuel and were not gettin it at the head any more fuel pressure is around 10 psi.... we can get it to run on eather (bad i know i know) but not fuel!!!! ugh 3 month and 1 day now.......

If the injection pump isn't getting fuel to the head then I'm betting it's the IP.

Sounds like something did not get plugged in all the way during assembly. When I helped Billy do this we did't get the plug directly over the head on the cowl seated just right and it acted just like you are describing. Said plug is square and might even have a cam latch to it IIRC.

Sounds like something did not get plugged in all the way during assembly. When I helped Billy do this we did't get the plug directly over the head on the cowl seated just right and it acted just like you are describing. Said plug is square and might even have a cam latch to it IIRC.

What he said, we cranked, and cranked, and cranked on my truck, went to town and got some ether and cranked some more. The truck would fire on ether, but would not run atall, after a lot of head and butt scratching I got to looking and the big loom junction just above the head on the cowl didn't look right, both connectors were just a hair bit loose, but that was all it took.

Check EVERY wiring connection you MIGHT have disturbed, and I'm talking about unplug/replug just to make sure.

thanks fo the help guys i think i found out the problem possible something inside the pump let loose and busted out the side i have pics just not quite shure how to post them up here. and ill check all the conections also

yes and i will be again once this one gets warrentyed, ive showed the pics to guys out there who rebiuld these things and they have all said WTF!?!? how did that happen!, wich leades me to belive it was a completly random event. Im pretty shure it was a freak accident. its pretty narly though.

can you send them to me also--what stage monster pump did you have and where did you get it from???...chris

E-mail or PM me the link or the pics and I'll get them up for you.

BG at competitiondiesel.com

Here are the pics of his pump, it was definitely something internal giving up LOL

Attachments

• l_580ae1c9fc43ddb8fe41becbeafd0bd8 (Small).jpg
    l_580ae1c9fc43ddb8fe41becbeafd0bd8 (Small).jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 24
  • l_c892e2cbaa5613ffa9ba89953e9491a9 (Small).jpg
    l_c892e2cbaa5613ffa9ba89953e9491a9 (Small).jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 24
the pic on the right is on the stamping area with the pump numbers. right above where the keyway number is. it appears that the rollers come thru the side. and the front looks like the transfer pump came apart. damn shame! I havent ever run into this before.

Last edited:
if the pump is in the truck this side is facing the head. we had proper fuel pressure and bigger injectors, everyone who has seen these pics has been like wtf? how did that happen..... why does this stuff happen to me...

Back