resistor for low washer fluid sensor

SixOhh

EPA unfriendly
if i were to bypass my low washer fluid sensor what resistor would i use?

call me OCD but i hate the fact that it uses the same sound as a DTC would chime.... freaks me out every time.:bang

Mine must have issues, it comes on every time I start the truck and the level is full, I would also like to know what it will take.

Couldn't you just find the resistance of the sensor with a meter, then buy one. I might try it tonight and I'll let you know if that works.

Just use a multimeter and ohmn it out when you have some fluid in it. It may just be an on/off switch to.

mine is bad... same problem as stated above and i have no use for it. i would need a reading from a good one. so that would be great.

i was going to jump the wires over but i know how picky these ECM's can be
or TIPM in this case.....

It is probably reading a range of resistance. Just put a small potentiometer on the sensor wires and start at 0 ohms and turn it up slowly (or start at full resistance and go down if you are scared a short will pop the ECM or TIPM). You'll probably find where the cut-off for low fluid is. It may start of on or off and then go on or off, but it doesn't matter. When varyin' the resistance you'll find the limits. I imagine a 0-1K or 10K pot will do it.

Last edited:
history tells me to be scared of EVERYTHING the TIPM does

:hehe::hehe::hehe::hehe:

well the sensor is fine and ive tried another one as well. i have a NEW tipm and new dash.

this is driving me insane. can someone help me out with a wiring schematic for this circuit please? i need to know where to go from here

Its a NO-switch between pins C1-8 and C1-9 on the TIPM. Just short the connector at the sensor with a paper clip to test. If that works, then permanently bond the wires together. If that doesn't work, your TIPM could need to be replaced.

Attachments

• washer switch pinout.png
    washer switch pinout.png
    6.7 KB · Views: 0
  • washer switch.png
    washer switch.png
    14.3 KB · Views: 0
thanks for that info joe, i have already trued a jumper wire in the plug with no luck and i am on my 3rd tipm. i might try jumping the wire at the TIPM to rule out a wiring issue?

looking for a little guidance...

here are the wires at the sensor plug....
[ame="http://s31.photobucket.com/user/sixohh/media/20150119_175014.jpg.html"]20150119_175014.jpg Photo by sixohh | Photobucket[/ame]

[ame="http://s31.photobucket.com/user/sixohh/media/20150119_174946.jpg.html"]20150119_174946.jpg Photo by sixohh | Photobucket[/ame]

and am i at the right place at the TIPM? section C brown plug?
[ame="http://s31.photobucket.com/user/sixohh/media/20150119_174700.jpg.html"]TIPM.washer Photo by sixohh | Photobucket[/ame]
im not seeing the colors referenced in your pic.

Last edited:
im not sure whats wrong with photobucket.... lets try this again....

Attachments

• 20150119_174700.jpg
    20150119_174700.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 0
  • 20150119_174946.jpg
    20150119_174946.jpg
    19 KB · Views: 0
SHould be C1 8-9 on the TIPM. BR/TN and VT/TN like at the sensor.

If jumpering those two does not work, then it may be a 2007 model year specific thing which I don't have insight into.

Attachments

• TIPM C1.png
    TIPM C1.png
    33.2 KB · Views: 0
definitely a color mismatch, all the wires are white as the base color, which differs from the sensor plug colors.

your attached pic, is that from an 06?

Found it!!!

traced the wires all the way back to the TIPM and put the ohm meter to it and got nothing. ran another jumper wire across the sensor plug and still nothing...

I wiggled the wires from the plug and got this.....

[ame="http://s31.photobucket.com/user/sixohh/media/20150120_164134.jpg.html"]20150120_164134.jpg Photo by sixohh | Photobucket[/ame]

the damn wire was corroded at the pin so the sensor was never making contact with the circuit. i could care less if my dash ever beeps at me for washer fluid again. so it is now sealed up with a butt connector and heat shrink. GOOD RIDDANCE!

and just for future reference on my 07 those wires are on the "B" section of the TIPM and not the "C".

thanks for leading me in the right direction tho joe! Anything is better than another TIPM!

Glad to hear you found it. They must have changed the TIPM config for the 5.9l 07. I bet that explains an issue I had with a 5.9 2007 ECM.

Found it. The 2007-2009 TIPM has ports A-L, but they label each of those internally as C1-C10 in the wiring diagrams. Here's why you found it in port B which is wiring diagram C1.

Attachments

• 2007-2009 TIPM.png
    2007-2009 TIPM.png
    56.8 KB · Views: 0
Back