RetroSolutions 35w HID kit. Help.

SuperDave4x4

popcorn playa
Need some guidance on how to wire these bastards up.

The instructions show 2 wires and of course the kit has 3. Two reds and two blacks but the two black wires are connected to one pin.

I've put the black wire in the center and the two reds on either side of the black wire. (These is the plug that's goes into the stock connector.) When I plug it into the factory connector and turn on the low beams the halogen bulb comes on and when I turn on the high beams nothing comes on.

I swapped the two red woes around and when I do that nothing comes on.

Does anyone here have experience with this NightVision 35w kit? Also I do not have the relay harness as it was recommended for the 35w kit.

Using this little gem I found I know have halogens on high beam and nothing on low beam.

90049007.jpg.html

Should be HID on low and Halogen on high? :what:

Possible something is backwards?

I know its the weekend but I would at least Email Retro....EXCELLENT customer service!

You are correct and I've got that now but nothing on Low beam.

I emailed their customer service yesterday evening but I figured I wouldn't hear anything thill Monday.

This is how I was instructed to hook it up but I'm only getting high beams. No low beam HID. The small red wire is high beam and larger red wire is low beam.

[ame="http://s347.photobucket.com/user/SuperDave4x4/media/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zps76a804f7.jpg.html"]HID To Factory Photo by SuperDave4x4 | Photobucket[/ame]

FYI

Some one crimped the two grounds together at the connector pin too hard and cut the wire for the HID. This happend to BOTH sides in the exact same spot. I cut the wires and soldered them to acheive function. This worked however I ran into another issue. The bulb housing that holds the Halogen has a small set screw in the side of in which sticks out too far. This of course cause the bulb to bind in the headlight housing.

Contacted Retro and Todd told me to tighten the screw. I did this last night however and still would not work. He is also sending me a few new connectors so I can fix the grounding issue correctly.

DO NOT BUY THE NIGHTVISION HIDs. I've spent several HOURS phucking with this 'plug n play' kit.

Get the Digital HIDs and projector housings.

tp://pages.ebay.com/motors/link/?nav=item.view&id=231030190558
Ive installed 4 sets of these. Unbeatable price and you can call and actually talk to someone if you need help. I put this exact kit in a 06 cummins and they work perfectly other than he needed to send me a resistor kit. It was plug and play and he sent it for free.

I'm done with HID kits in halogen housings. I'm retarded for even trying it. I'm taking my aftermarket housings apart and putting a retrofit project housing and HID bulbs in it.

I'm gonna fix my current kit and either sell it or just send it back to Retro in HOPES of them giving me some type of credit. If not I'll just order from some where else and have to pay a little more.

I'm done with HID kits in halogen housings. I'm retarded for even trying it. I'm taking my aftermarket housings apart and putting a retrofit project housing and HID bulbs in it.

I'm gonna fix my current kit and either sell it or just send it back to Retro in HOPES of them giving me some type of credit. If not I'll just order from some where else and have to pay a little more.

If you can, do a write up on this. I want to do this to my truck as well, but at the moment in the middle of a motor project and will be doing the retro fit kit in the spring. Curious to see how hard it is, and how they look afterwards.

No problem.

If I can ever get through this phucking nightmare of HID kit I will. I took the small set screw of the bulb holder and what do you know...one side had actually pierced the wire. This has been miserable.