Reusable 48re Transmission pan gasket...

moparman13045

Does anyone know if the 48re transmission pan gasket part number 2464324AC is the reusable one. This is the gasket you get when you go to the dealer and order it as a replacement, the parts guys had no idea :bang when i asked them. On my 04.5 it had a gasket on it that said reusable do not discard, but I cant see the part number while its on.

I want to get the same gasket for my 05 because somebody replaced it with one you have to change out each time. The one at the dealership looks slightly different than the one in the 04.5 and it does not say reusable do not discard like my 04.5 does. It is hard plastic, with o ring type material on both sides of the hard plastic where it mates to the trans pan and the transmission housing. My 04.5 is hard plastic or metal or something like that coated in all rubber. By the way if you look up an 04.5 truck its the same gasket part number and all. Thanks in advance.

The factory gasket is re-useable...The hard Plastic is also,you just need to use a little gasket material on both sides,and its good to go.

For the price of a new gasket and filter I would never re-use a gasket. $.02

i would rather reused the factory gasket then the ****ty flimsy rubber gasket you get with the filter.

I had the transmission shop service my transmission and they reused the gasket and it leaked. I went down to NAPA and got the rubber gasket and Transmission filter combo for less than $20. I used it and some gasket maker and it has yet to leak.

Why not?

Tobin

For the price they are I just change it every time I pull the pan which is usually every summer. I had the pan gasket leak on me once after trying to save a gasket, never again. I get the ones from the auto parts to seal just fine.

Yeah I like the reusable 04.5 trucks gasket, it has never leaked and since I have owned it its been on and off at least 5 times.

I am super anal about changing my trans fluid and I take the pan off each time to inspect and clean it out good and change the filter of course, so yeah thats why I like that gasket, I am going to get the dealership one and try it out on the 05 I will post up if I have problems with it leaking.

I have never had a problem with the reusable gasket. With the drain plug in the pan though, I only actually drop the pan when I have to change the filter.

Back