Reverse lights/ gear identification not working!!

hawaiiankine

Ok here is the deal..... Started my truck up this morning and noticed that the display above the odometer that shows what gear the truck is in had disapeared. It didn't show up at all. The only thing there was the odometer. So i ignored it for now as the truck was still driving and shifting fine. Then a friend behind me pointed out that my reverse lights weren't working. So I'm guessing some how they are connected. I checked for a blown fuse but couldn't find any fuse pertaining to reverse lights. All the plugs are tight in the transmission. So I don't really know what the problem is. Has anyone run into this situation before? Trying to avoid a trip to the Dodge stealership.

The only time I've seen this is when I turned on the defuel between shifts off with the smarty.

Hmm you know what that may be it. I did make that change and come to think of it that was around when I saw the problem occur. I will check that out when I get home. Thanks
The only time I've seen this is when I turned on the defuel between shifts off with the smarty.

You need to simply adjust the linkage under the steering wheel. Pull down the kickpanel and look at the bottom of your column and you will see the adjuster.

Thanks for the input. Now comes the question, when driving on the street do you guys keep the shift defuel on?

I don't. Typically used for performance. Sled pulling, drag racing, etc...

So that was it?

Well I plugged the smarty in and changed the shift limiter back to stock.It said it updated the ecm. Started the truck but still no reverse lights or prnd123. Did I do something wrong? Still new to the smarty so I'm not sure if there is a certain method I need to do to change settings and tunes and what not.
I don't. Typically used for performance. Sled pulling, drag racing, etc...

So that was it?

when you change a smarty setting in the submenu , you then need to update the ecm to make the change take effect.

So anytime I make a change whether its in the sub menu or its a SW # change I have to connect to the truck and reload the SW with the new settings correct?
when you change a smarty setting in the submenu , you then need to update the ecm to make the change take effect.

I also noticed I lose cruise control with shift defuel off! It will turn on but won't hold hills!

Back