Reverse Lights

xDiesel03

I have a 2003 2500 and am having issues with the reverse lights. They do not come on consistently when I shift into reverse. In order to get them to come on, I have to push up on the gear shift. Has anyone else dealt with this issue?

Mines a 2nd gen but I have the same issue. I could pull down on the gear selector slightly to make them come on but for some reason they wont come on no matter what I do now.

I haven't looked into yet, but I will now since you've tossed a post up. Hopefully some in on where/what to look for.

Most likely the sensor has either came out or is going bad. I've seen this happen on Jeeps a bunch.

Well I checked the wiring and I'm getting power to the "neurtral safety switch". I used a jumper on the pigtail and my reverse lights came on so it's looking like the switch is bad.

I have a 2003 2500 and am having issues with the reverse lights. They do not come on consistently when I shift into reverse. In order to get them to come on, I have to push up on the gear shift. Has anyone else dealt with this issue?

Experienced this same problem on a NV4500. The reverse lights would dim when you moved the shifter around in reverse. Turns out it was a simple ground issue.

Well I checked the wiring and I'm getting power to the "neurtral safety switch". I used a jumper on the pigtail and my reverse lights came on so it's looking like the switch is bad.

Dave, neutral safety switch is super common to fail on the 47re seems like. And super easy to change. $.02