Rocker arms repairable??

dangerous06

diesel tech
I've got a lot of rockers that the button has fallen off of. Are they repairable or just garbage?

The button as in what contacts the valve bridges? If that were me, I would rather buy new rocker levers. Just my preference for assurance.

yeah me too but if there is a quick fix like press on a new button then damn the rest of the rocker is still good!

I was just looking at rocker levers for my 12v on QuickServe. They didn't list or show as a serviceable part. May not be the case for a CR though. If you want, give me your ESN and I can look at diagrams of yours.

Are you referring to the cylinder that rides on the bridges?

The plastic capped rockers will do that. Early 24V's and I think the 6.7's have metal caps. Never seen them separate. Last time I looked you can't buy just the cap

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you replace them use Cummins part number 4995602. They don't have the plastic piece and just like $35.

Are you referring to the cylinder that rides on the bridges?

yup but forget it 35. for the set is cheap! even if you bought all 6 it would only be 210 bucks plus shipping! Wish all diesel parts were that cheap!

If you have a Cummins dealer close by they are usually cheaper than online and can get stuff in on stock orders. Just so you know.

Call Jeff, he stocks these complete sets not the buttons, can not replace just the buttons.

Back