Rods?

slowcommonrai

Ok so I'd like to get a couple of opinions on rods, I want to go with a set of billet rods but don't have the coin for this build. I'm lookin into a set of hardened rods but just unsure about them. I'm shooting for mid 900s hp wise and want to do a couple of 1/4 miles passes, and hook up to a sled every now and again. So the big question is should I just hold off until I have the money for billet or would hardened rods be ok for what I'm lookin to do? Thanks

From my experience if you have the money to build a 900 HP truck and you have the engine out your absolutely crazy to not find the extra $2500 to put in at least carillos. Seen way too many bent 12v rods and broken cr rods at that level. $2500 is cheap of it keeps you from having to do it the second time. Not saying you couldn't get by especially if you go the route of a big single turbo but in my opinion its not the smart thing to do.

Last edited:
From my experience if you have the money to build a 900 HP truck and you have the engine out your absolutely crazy to not find the extra $2500 to put in at least carillos. Seen way too many bent 12v rods and broken cr rods at that level. $2500 is cheap of it keeps you from having to do it the second time. Not saying you couldn't get by especially if you go the route of a big single turbo but in my opinion its not the smart thing to do.

Yes all of this ^^^^. You just now saved money on Comp D. :hehe:

Big single and big RPM is the only way to keep 12v rods alive. Keep it out of the torque.

Chris

its going to be a big single, that's why I was wondering because ive always seen guys say that if you are gunna run twins then go with billet. Trust me I want to go billet but with a 3 month old baby and a wife its not so easy lol. Plus I just want my effinn truck back together.

Back