Rotella Sythetic 5w40-any injector issues?

4xtim

I know lots of guys here swear by Valvoline premium blue extreme syn, but its hard to find that stuff locally by me and its expensive. I have 32,000 on my 6.0 now and have ran Chevron Delo 400 but will switch to syn from everyones reccomendation. I know the regular Rotella's has caused issues for some, but what about Rotella Synthetic 5w-40. Its cheap and easy to find locally for me.

Just try it. I ran that synthetic rotella in my 7.3 powerstroke. But 6.0 I havnt. Just 15w 40. I'm sure others will chime in

I was told by a local Dealer not too use rotella 15w-40 in the 6.0l

Yes, I'm definetly staying away from Rotella 15w-40 dino oil, but I'm asking if there are possible issues running Rotella 5w-40 SYNTHETIC.

Thats what I'm running currently. Let you know if any issues arise. Truck seems to love it!

Ive read many places to run the ford oil either the 5w-40 syn or the 15w-40 because it has a certain amount of detergent in it keep the spool valves and oil passages clean. The Rotella has no cleaning agents in it. Keeping your oil clean is key to injector life in a 6 liter. Just my input I could be way wrong

The Supreme 9000 5w40 from Schaeffer's meets navistar's specs. My dad has used it in his 7.3L which has approx. 225K miles without a single injector issue. just my$.02

yeah I have the same question about the rotella syn because I too have trouble finding anything else around here. I was told that they could order the valvoline but it was wayyy more expensive. may just pay for the ford oil from now on. easier to find and if that rotella is gonna cause me any injector issues ill just use the ford syn oil

I just switched to rotella syn 5w40. I will be a while before I can tell any differences. Seems alright for right now though. After I switch to my trusted oil filter setup I will be going to amsoil though.

Just got mine back from dealer after replacing 5 injectors. They were trying to hint around that maybe it was my oil (shaeffers 9000) I told him I DON'T THINK SO! He told me I should not be using synthetic oil. He said I should use the Ford 10w-30 or the rottella 10w-30 was also ok. Called other dealer he said 5w-40 rottella syn was good but had bad luck with the shaeffers 9000. Both did agree on 10w-30 ford oil. Go figure. I guess it really comes down to what your truck likes. These 6L all seem to like something different.
Bob

I belive every dealer will always tell you that you should always use their oil. If they told you anything differnt they wouldnt make as much money. I read on hear that rotella has no cleaning agents in it is that true if not what about their systhic

Ok here is a good one. The dealer I've been using has been droping Penzoil 15-30 HDin mine for three years now. I've had injector problems and pump probs. They said it was the small chip I was running threatend me about it , I took the thing out It still runs like crap. Mabey the oil is part of tha problem?

does it throw any codes or just run bad, Brought some rotella syntheic 5w-40 let you know how i feel in a couple weeks dont know if its worth 20 dollars a gallon the reglar rotell is like 10 bucks

Back