Rough cold Idle

Burner

slow poke
Title says it all...... When the truck is cold it Idles really rough. I added a bunch of diesel treatment and drove it 100 miles, spent the night, still no help that morning. From there I drove 50+ miles to the hunting lodge. The truck sat for 12 hours before I started it again.....and still a rough Idle. 50 miles before I got home I swapped the fuel filter. This afternoon i started the truck.... and still it Idles rough? What kind of problem do you think I have? No check engine light and the heater grid seems to work.

BTW, it does seem to go away once it's warmed up?

You know, I don't know? I run it for 5 minutes before I leave(still doing it)....and then I gott'a go. I cannot recall it going away? It isn't present when I pull up to a stop or shut it down.

Most Dodges I have been around idle funky when real cold. Mine will idle wonkily till im a few blocks from the house if i dont plug it in

It hasn't done this before? There have been much colder nights than this weekend. Heck, it was almost 70 when I left the second and third time.

Fill up lately? I have noticed it more with USLD

yeah, two or three times last week. The last two were at the Cowboys, I think? Whatever that truckstop is off I-65/119.

they may still be using the LSD there... Maybe the truck does not like the switch?

I thought the Diesel stuff would clear it up....guess not. I wonder, my stratapour was BLACK from top to bottom. Do you think that may have had something to do with it? LOL That's only ...umm, about 1,500 gallons of fuel. LOL

Hmmm.....cold, thick diesel, a clogged fuel filter, that might have a bit to do with it there Rich LOL LOL

Well, I changed the fuel filter (NAPA Gold..donno if it's any good?) and it still ran like crap. However, I started it this moring and it seemed to run fine? ......I hope this Dodge/Cummins isn't like my old 93' Dodge/Cummins truck. That thing had more electric gremlins in it than you could shake a stick at. Quite the Love/Hate relation with that damm thing, truck, POS, Hoss, MF towing SOB. 92-93' just weren't good years.