Rough country coil lift 3"

BAF250

Lead - Follow- or Move !!
Anyone have any details?
Rough country coil lift 3"
05-09 4wd F250 Super Duty 3" Suspension

Had it on my 05. Worked great, and they have made 2 important upgrades since mine and the price stayed the same. Mine had shims for the trac bar bracket, the new version has a replacement trac bar. It also now includes radius arm drops, mine had nothing, so I bought alignment shims even though it probably wasn't needed. I think it is around $540.00 and includes shocks, new coils(no spacers) and rear lift.

Kit Contents:
Front: Lifted coil springs, trac bar bracket, and radius arm drop brackets.

Rear: Lifted blocks and u-bolts.

Shocks: Kit includes (4) Premium Nitro 9000 shocks.

So it will increase bump steer, take that into account if your picky. I was pretty unhappy when i put the leveling kit in the front of my dads truck. Change the track bar location to keep the axle centered is cool and all, but dont match the angle of the drag link and it drives like ass.

Kit Contents:
Front: Lifted coil springs, trac bar bracket, and radius arm drop brackets.

Rear: Lifted blocks and u-bolts.

Shocks: Kit includes (4) Premium Nitro 9000 shocks.

Wow, that kinda sucks that they switched to a drop bracket instead of the replacement trac bar. I would call them and see if they still have any kits with it, it is the proper way to do it if there is no drop pitman arm, and it was advertised with it no longer than 2 weeks ago.

I would say the proper way to do it is get a different lift type. I am not sure about the newer stuff and maybe they have changed something but rough country was its name for a reason and its not cause it was smooth riding. I would say look into an RCD. It comes in a 4" but is nice and smooth. I think it rode better than stock.

Ive looked into this kit numerous times and I always gotten the response that Rough Country rode rough like said above.

As far as the ride was, it was way better than my current Superlift. Obviously I do not care for the ride of the Superlift and will upgrade to coilovers soon. The progressive rate Rough Country coils improved the ride over the factory ones. Is it the best-no. Is it the worst-no(mine is).

Superlift is another crappy one. after that skyjacker and then they start to get better but fabtech is right up there with superlift and skyjacker. I would say spend a little extra money and you should be happy with the ride and quality of the kit. Just remember the cheaper you go the more likely you will be un-happy.

Back