Rough idle NO power

ALB6L

Hey all,
Ok drivin my truck home yesterday It completely took a crap on me... I got it home and it started coughing and shut off it wouldnt start up so i dug around and the IRP connection was a bit stripped Fixed that and it started back up again but now it has no power i have no throttle response and it takes almost a quarter mile to get up to 50 mph with the throttle half way down And a rough idle any suggestions??

Its throwing the EGR but i just took all that stuff out a week ago.. when it started up yesterday it threw NO. 2 injector voltage low but it hasnt come up again since i un hooked the batteries to fix the IRP wires.. But i only have the Bullydog Downloader I know its not as great as the SCT with that stuff.

did you clean the egr valve with brake cleaner or anything? if so you didn't get nothing up the holes did ya?

remove the bullydog fully just to take that out of the "possible problems" equation.

Its giving you circuit codes from the EGR delete kit. Unless you have an SCT you can't turn off the codes so don't worry about them now. Since you just had it all apart last week. Check the ficm connectors and make sure you didn't lay any of the harness back on the bolts with studs sticking out of them.

Alright got the rough idle problem fixed but still have no throttle response and When i get on the gas it won't move at all.. before i could step on it and brake traction black smoke everywhere but now i can floor it and the truck won't even speed up, no down shift no rise in rpm's nothing..

And my monitor is reading 0 boost.. I can here the turbo spool up when im driving but it does't have any boost does that sound right??

I checked that got rid of that cheap pressure clamp and put a good screw on clamp but still no dice.. im gonna change the hose now. Could it be the MAP gone bad? would that have anything to do with the complete loss of power?

Remove the brass fitting from the intake. Check to see if its plugged with soot. If it doesn't get a map signal. You aren't going to make much power. Injection timing and fueling are altered based on this input.

I read somewhere that the intercooling hose fittings can split on the under side going into the intercooler.This would result in no boost.

Hey all,
Thanks for the help i finally got it all worked out.. And PSD thats exactly what it was i cleaned it off blew the hose out again and it ran just like new.. Thanks again for all the help!!!

Hey all,
Thanks for the help i finally got it all worked out.. And PSD thats exactly what it was i cleaned it off blew the hose out again and it ran just like new.. Thanks again for all the help!!!

Your welcome.

The little niple from the intake manafold had some gunk in it and wasn't getting any pressure to the MAP so as PSD said it was throwing timing and fuel off..

He wanted to know if this dirt came from your EGR delete kit manifold. It's an inside joke.

Back