Rough Idle...Smoking

skyhigh4by

My truck went into the dealership it wasnt running due to contaminated fuel. When the truck went in it could barely run and it was smoking white(coolant) and blue(oil). The dealer replaced the turbo and then cleaned the fuel system then said that it was all fixed. Picked the truck up and drove it home ( about 20 kms ) and then never drove it since. Called the dealer and told them that it smoked still and ran rough. They said that there was oil in the exhaust and it would burn off after time and everything would clear up. It seems to run rough until about 1800 rpm then it clears up and doesnt smoke as much. The smoke that is coming out of it is a greyish blue colour and the only way we could explain the smell was "stinks like a ford" any ideas what the problem might be?
Sorry for such a long post but this is really bugging me.

They said it was fixed...its going back to the dealer tomorrow. I cant figure out how they thought it was fixed its extremely apparent that it isnt.

Check your crank case to make sure it doesent have fuel in it... If it does, you have a bad injector.

Thanks for input I will have a look. would the diesel sit on top of the oil, should I be able to notice it on the dip stick?

Yup sounds like a melted piston, hope you don't have any mods. Make sure it is covered under warranty. If you have been driving it that long smoking like that you have some srious damage I would imagine. Bosch really messed up with these injectors. I swear I have seen more 5.9's blown up then 6.Uh 0H's. I have never really even heard of a blown up cummins until the common rails. The first thing you should do to these trucks is put a decent filtration system on them and then do some reputable injectors.

Dealer said they would take a look at it today so I will know more tomorrow but it might get a new motor. It wasnt driven long at all like that. It wouldnt run at all then went into the dealer they "fixed" it then it got about 75 kms on it and now its back. What would cause a piston to melt?

on my 04.5, i had a new short block put in it from this.
on my 06, i had a complete new engine from this.
mine ended up being 6 injectors, all pistons burnt, all rings gone, the whole damn thing was shot.
but i see you're 21, better watch out, hightechram might try to say negative things to you about it since you're young and God forbid you have a CR.
ok ok i'll stop.
and and by the way, i'm only 18 haha

a piston to melt would be caused by a failed injector.
in my case, ALL of them

I feel I work hard enough for my money that I can own whatever I want. Hopefully the dealer has good news for me....between the dealer or insurance it will get fixed. Insurance company gave a warranty on the engine because of the contaminated fuel I had.