rough idle

Buck

I have an 03 CR with 260751 miles had a rough start problem so I changed my connector tubes today I torqued everything down . I started it it ran rough for a little bit then died . Started it back up was rough then cleared up. Took it out on the road drove maybe 1/4 mile turned around pressed on the peddle and it started loping like I had a big cam in it . What should i check?

Which connector tubes, for the injectors? Or are u talking about cross over tubes?

Last edited:
Have the injectors tested. Also check the ends of the connector tubes to make sure they are seating correctly

also when i started it up the first time there was a knock so i shut it off .i turned it back on the knock was gone so i drove it while i was driving the knock came back

Yeah i know what you are talking about my dads 03 does that also but i think its a bad injector. But the knock is at an idle.

yeah thats when mine does it also i pulled the injectors last night so i am taking them to get tested and see what they say

You used the 6.7 style connector tubes right? If so you don't gotta worry about messin the ends up as much as you do with the older style that came on 5.9's

take out the connector tube pull the rocker box and wiring together then take off the exhaust rocker and unbolt the injectors and pull them up took about an hour
i used the 5.9 i got the .096 tubes ordered new injector should be here tomorrow II dragon fly 60's then getting air dog and new chip