rough idle

cummins2132

my 05 has a long start by that I mean sometimes it won't start just crank. When it does fire and run the truck has a ****ty idle the truck isn't shaking like if it's high rail pressure. When I press the accelerator it seems to loose power at higher rpm. the only code I found was p0251. truck was running fine until I had 2 of the bolts that hold the fca pop off.

Do you know what your rail pressure is? Sounds like your FCA pigtail is toast, Snedge has them priced right. Unfortunately there is no way to look at the wires and tell, at least I couldn't.

If it was me I'd be trying to locate a known good FCA to swap in. If that doesn't work start looking at the wires.

Sent from my fancy thinking box

well I don't have one on me. I also don't know the rail pressure rite now I have a guy coming to check. it sounds like low rail pressure it doesn't sound like high. it's also a dual cp3 if that helps.

If it was me I'd be trying to locate a known good FCA to swap in. If that doesn't work start looking at the wires.

Sent from my fancy thinking box

Not a bad idea, but if it comes down to buying parts I would start with the one thats less than 20 bucks.

when yall say look at wires what am I looking for, because I just replaced the whole harness etc.

Cummins2132 call me on this ,with duals it much more difficult to correct these type of problems ,and I'm not could at keystrokes.