Royal purple anyone?

strokedviking

was just curious if anyone has tried or runs royal purple in there 6.0's? i am thinking about trying it out. replace engine, tranny, transfer, and diff oil with the purple. any draw backs? anything to look out for? i know that ford says that should only use there trans fluid, how relivant is that? is the royal purple going to work in the auto tranny?

I would be careful of using anything other than Mercon SP in the transmission, you may be inviting trouble

I have heard some bad about purple.
If you want to change because of the benifits they say you will get go with any other full synthetic Mobil or Amsoil

yeah, i was either going to go with amsoil or purple... i just saw the fluid swap they did on a 6.0 in the new issue of diesel world. they switched all fluids with R. purple and it seemed to help alot. i know here at wyotech we did full royal purple swap on a honda civic, and that darn thing picked up 18hp and about 13ftlb on our dyno!

Not running the SP won't for sure lead to problems. It just may lead to strange shifting. Since all of the solenoids and the calibration software was written based on the flow rates of the SP you may get different results with a different viscosity fluid.

I have allways run Royal Purple, We ran it in ProJect X and the transmission lost 30 degrees . I do run lighter engine oil then most , but also run the engine cooler. I think that the Royal Purple group has it together on R&D

In any case its eather RP or Amsoil

Back