Rudy's Updates.....

1/8th mile racing is the future and it's a lot more forgiving on a weekend racer as well as a series competitor. Not to mention its more fun to watch. ( Don't get me wrong watching Top Fuel cars rip down 1/4 mile is a blast too )

That Bickel Chassis was well played and out thought almost everyone in the pro-mod class for ODSS. That being said I respect Kory, he's a self made multi millionaire whats not to love about that? He seems like a pretty nice guy as well but I have to call a spade a spade.. PPEI is a sponsor of the car, sorry to say but I doubt Kory had even anything to do with dialing that car in. Sure he may have gave some pointers or just talked about it but Rudy's I saw him doing a lot more PR work then tuning.

It's like Peak coolant with John Force, you think he's running Peak Coolant in his top fuel car?? lol

Regardless I applaud them for pushing the industry standard and building something new for the diesel race scene. I'm sure it'll break records and make Firepunk go back to the drawling board

But all these insta fan boys saying PPEI is the best jUsT LoOk aT ThEiR pRO MoD WiN but I've yet to see a UCC or any respectable ODSS racer rocking PPEI tunes, just my two cents.
Isn't firepunk already planning a new build? Thought that's what was said when he sold the old race truck, kinda take a yr off to get the S10 dialed in and sent back for the owner to campaign, and they would go to a faster platform. Honestly cant remember what was mentioned, be it a pro-mod type car, or a rail. I vote rail, class has been kinda stagnant for a while.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Isn't firepunk already planning a new build? Thought that's what was said when he sold the old race truck, kinda take a yr off to get the S10 dialed in and sent back for the owner to campaign, and they would go to a faster platform. Honestly cant remember what was mentioned, be it a pro-mod type car, or a rail. I vote rail, class has been kinda stagnant for a while.

Correct, Save The Racks is a customer owner project, the goal was to get the kinks worked out, mostly chassis as close to 100% solid as possible (no kicking sideways or getting wild half way down the track) because he plans on his daughter piloting it, she has drag racing experience.

D&J has that beautiful new billet block, with many other goodies like intake, manifold and several other cool features. Suppose to hit the engine dyno soon but I believe the motor is for FirePunk, don't quote me on that.

Regardless I'm sure they have something in the making or will soon. They don't like not being champions of stuff lol

Nova has been quietly sold for several weeks now, it was just under the radar. Daniel will take great care of it and continue to push the limits!

Timbo, we have ran 2.15 back half and 45mph with dragster before....we are a bit more heavy since then, but more power, we will be mid 6,s pretty easy if you 1/4 mile was on our list.

We are on a easy and reliable 3000hp or so at the engine, but without lock up is more like 2000 at wheels. Way more fuel to add, way less slip to gain from current slip is 45% at 8th mile..... and with only 25 total passes I’m sure we will find more.

45% slip??? Holy sheet man. How many passes can you get from a converter at that slip rate?

Any plans to get it out any more this winter or is it in the barn for safe keeping until the thaw?

Haven’t checked it ina while its on the list, lol

Fixing other issues first

Any plans to get it out any more this winter or is it in the barn for safe keeping until the thaw?

Meanwhile back at the PPEI camp they're secretly plotting to drop in a D&J Executioner and put a Duramax sticker on it to ease their minds.....

giphy.gif

I'm definitely a Cummins guy per say, but isn't the Duramax already a bit lighter than the Cummins? At these high levels I dont think power is the issue, they have it to spare, its dialing in what the track/chassis will hold. Same but different as pulling really.

Back