S-06 PoD and tuning

dodge2003

I have a Smarty S-06 PoD on my 2003 Dodge RAM and need help with tuning.

I was at the Pacific Coast Diesel Nationals at Woodburn on June 29th and when I ran the 1/4 mile I had slow time even though I made 450 hp and 856 lb-ft on the dyno.

I was on SW9 with all other settings on default. I ran a 14.97 in the quarter. I tried again with all the same settings but changed torque to moderate. Same result.

I noticed that it would launch good but slow before every shift; especially first to second. After doing some reading I discovered the standard Smarty tune does not offer "defuel" as does the TNT-R tune.

Would the defuel set to off help? What issues would I have with my truck running the TNT-R tune? Any chance of damage at SW9, defuel off and all other settings set to default? How about torque set to moderate or wild?

Thanks! :rockwoot:

Last edited:
I ran the TNT-R software and played with it on level nine and with a little timing, and rail pressure up and defuel off every once in a while. Never hurt mine. All stock powertrain except firepunk trans and airdog. (intake and exhaust were aftermarket but don't really matter much on a stock turbo.) i'd say upgrade, run level 5 or 7 and tweak the other settings until you are satisfied. Fair warning, it's pretty smokey, but my butt dyno was much happier, so i just learned to hold off full throttle around town until i got some boost started

My truck running Revo tunes always like #7 Better then #9.. Go order a UDC dongle and don't look back. The best program for the early 3rd Gens IMO.

Just an update:

Got the TNT-R tune and ran it at the drags.

Settings: All Default with Defuel set to "off".

Ran a 13.87 at 98.30 mph so I feel pretty good. :rockwoot:

Now one question, is there a way to get the TNT tune and still have the Defuel option? I like the normal TNT tune for driving everyday but hate it defueling at shifts.

Thanks everyone! :thankyou2:

Just an update:

Got the TNT-R tune and ran it at the drags.

Settings: All Default with Defuel set to "off".

Ran a 13.87 at 98.30 mph so I feel pretty good. :rockwoot:

Now one question, is there a way to get the TNT tune and still have the Defuel option? I like the normal TNT tune for driving everyday but hate it defueling at shifts.

Thanks everyone! :thankyou2:

Yes Sir! You have that option with the TNT-r. Link below.

MADS Electronics - Smarty - CaTCHER - Download
Shift defuel:
# 0 - Stock (On)
# 1 - Off
Often called erroneously “ torque management”, this function disables the stock software engine power de rate during
automatic transmission shifts or boosted launch. Please note that the shift light indicator on the dash will also become
disabled.
ATTENTION! The use of this feature is potentially DANGEROUS even for the best build aftermaket transmission!!!
Do not even THINK to use it with a stock transmission or a simple valve body! Full billet is a must here!

Thanks Brian but I know that the TNT-R tune has that option.

I really like it but I would want it with the standard TNT tune.

Is there a way to get it with the TNT tune?

Sorry, my bad.

I worded my question wrong.

Can I get the REVO tune with the defuel option in it?

What about buying UDC and using that?

Can I run the TNT software with a UDC tune that is identical to the Revo #1?

Just curious.

Back