?'s about a 6.0 and tunes

bonecrusher

Lineman
I picked up my wife from the dealer today after she dropped off the Escape for service. I talked to the diesel mechanic about my truck (the '06). I asked how I could get more power when dragging the 33' GN with hay. I feel like the truck could have more potential. He told me they could install new studs (labor under warranty), delete the cat(with a delete pipe), bypass the EGR and install a SCT tune. This should run me around $1000. He said it would be an "eyeopener" and bulletproof if I keep it sensible.
My question is, am I being dazzled with B.S. or is this all it takes?

Thanks guys. I thought it would help to double check. I don't know 'bout the issue of the cab off work though. I guess they do enough of 'em to know how it goes back together. There was a 6.0 in the bay with the cab up. Kinda scary looking. I like this dealer and this mechanic has always had no problem talking about engine and exhaust mods. Looks like I'll make the leap.
Thanks again, Gerald

Cab up makes life easier. 08 was redesigned to do cab up from the start, but now it takes longer to get them off cause the nuts like to spin in the holes now.

If you can get them to do all that for a grand, I'd be on that flies on chit.

Thanks guys. I thought it would help to double check. I don't know 'bout the issue of the cab off work though. I guess they do enough of 'em to know how it goes back together. There was a 6.0 in the bay with the cab up. Kinda scary looking. I like this dealer and this mechanic has always had no problem talking about engine and exhaust mods. Looks like I'll make the leap.
Thanks again, Gerald
I live close by and looking for a dealer that will do work like that ?

Back