S&B air intake

olred07

Diesels for Christ
is it a good intake to run on these trucks i found one rly cheap its used but theres nothing wrong with it.

Just check it from time to time. I know a few people that had issues with the filter comming off. I don't know why but they did.

I use the k&n oil on my AFE and its fine.

Doug, are you talking about the AFE filters falling off?

Nope. On the S&B. The AFE like the stage 2 everyone grabbed cause it had a lid on it. For like 500 dollars. Cause it kept the engine heat out. But they still were pulling hot ass crankcase vapor in, but hey what can you tell people.

I have always run the airaids. They are in all 3 trucks here. Dollar for dollar vs the stock filter they are great. Its not about hp or whatever. While they do make it a little quicker, they are just really easy for maintenance and yanking them out when working on stuff.

Sounds good. My AFE doesnt fit worth a damn and Im thinking about something new. Was thinking S&B or Airaid so...

I have the stage one afe..its old.

I like the S&B slot.mail because its very similar to the airriad but comes with the plexiglass lid where the air raid does not.h

I have and s&b on my truck for over a year. never had one problem with it, and its still clean.

Anyone have experience with, comments about or test data for Injen filters (w/o the AMSOIL sales pitch please)?

going to bring this one back. I just installed a S&B intake on my truck and was wondering if anyone reinstalled the front, ram-air part that is used with the stock intake (pulls the air from the grill). It didn't look like it would fit so I just removed it.

Otherwise, works great! Gave the truck a beefier sound and a few more psi.

Sounds good. My AFE doesnt fit worth a damn and Im thinking about something new. Was thinking S&B or Airaid so...

I just installed a stage II AFE. I had clearance problems on the degas bottle lower hose. I got mine used and it had a rubber grommet for the MAF That I could not use. I think the past owner was a 05 model.

I have a S&B CAI on my truck. The install is easy and straight forward. The turbo whistle in the cab on my 06 is quite a bit more noticable then before with stock. Pulling a load around 10 to 11psi on the turbo gets to be quite annoying. The only other thing I'll add is the location of the MAF sensor is dead in line with the oil dipstick. I had to bend the dipstick some in order plug in the MAF and not chaff the wires. Its still a pain in the ass when I check or change my oil. All in all I'd buy it again with that one design change.

Back