s300/400 twin setup?

TrxR

I am looking at a 12valve auto 96 regular cab long box 4x4. I want to run deep into the 12's and was thinking maybe a s300/400 twin setup. Would those turbos get me there? How would it tow with those? Would a valet switch help any with the towing and daily driving part? Also how does biodiesel effect HP ?

Thanks

I am looking at a 12valve auto 96 regular cab long box 4x4. I want to run deep into the 12's and was thinking maybe a s300/400 twin setup. Would those turbos get me there? How would it tow with those? Would a valet switch help any with the towing and daily driving part? Also how does biodiesel effect HP ?

Thanks

The s300 and s400 turbos are just the general turbo frame types. There are MANY MANY types of s300 and s400 turbos because you can interchange (To some extent) the turbine and compressor wheels and turbine housings. An s300/s400 compound set can be GREAT, but if the wrong turbos are used they will be very laggy and hot on the street. Do more research and figure out your goals. Then decide on WHICH s300 and s400 turbos you want to use, then ask again. People usually won't even answer a question as general as your was. Good luck.

If your goal is just low 12s i'm thinking you could have a twin set which spools like stock to get you your goal! Maybe an s300g and a 471 or 475. You can change things around on the chargers to fine tune how you want the truck to work. Good luck. Do some searches, much info on this site!

What are the specs of a "s300G"? I am running an s300, but there are tons of them available in all differant sizes. My s300's specs are 62/65/12, but there are differances from a "Stock s300" My turbo has an aftermarked turbine housing with a modified scroll allowing it to flow more exhaust then a stock 12cm housing, the wastegate is also much larger and is allowed to swing open further due to the deeper well on the compressor housing. I am running this over an s400 turbo with a 75mm compressor wheel and a 1.32 A/R ratio turbine housing. Like I said there are lots of s300's available as there are s400's. s300's range from a 57mm compressor all the way up to 71mm, the turbines some in differant sizes as do the turbine housings. S400's dont come in as many sizes, but there are quite a few of them as well.There are WAY to many options to just throw out there the trm s300/s400 compound turbo set. Some will work great, some will work OK and some will not work worth a damn. Do some research and get back to us.

What are the specs of a "s300G"? I am running an s300, but there are tons of them available in all differant sizes. My s300's specs are 62/65/12, but there are differances from a "Stock s300" My turbo has an aftermarked turbine housing with a modified scroll allowing it to flow more exhaust then a stock 12cm housing, the wastegate is also much larger and is allowed to swing open further due to the deeper well on the compressor housing. I am running this over an s400 turbo with a 75mm compressor wheel and a 1.32 A/R ratio turbine housing. Like I said there are lots of s300's available as there are s400's. s300's range from a 57mm compressor all the way up to 71mm, the turbines some in differant sizes as do the turbine housings. S400's dont come in as many sizes, but there are quite a few of them as well.There are WAY to many options to just throw out there the trm s300/s400 compound turbo set. Some will work great, some will work OK and some will not work worth a damn. Do some research and get back to us.

The G is the 57mm compressor and I believe a 65mm turbine wheel. The idea is it's a tuff turbo and cheaper than most of the 362 variants out there and would be more than enough as a secondary for running twelves. If my goal was only 12s i'd keep it as cheap as possible, nothing special required to get there so might as well save some cash$.02 300g/475 for the win!

If my goal was only 12s i'd keep it as cheap as possible, nothing special required to get there so might as well save some cash$.02 300g/475 for the win!
I was thinking the same thing.

But with a reg cab twins aren't even really needed.

I was thinking the same thing.

But with a reg cab twins aren't even really needed.

I think if he wants low 12s he'll have a lot more fun with the twins. I've never driven a 366 or 364 and don't think the 362s currently available will put a truck in the low 12s. I run a single to 12.07 and would like a little more response for daily driving and messing around on the street.

I was thinking 62 and spray...

Just throwing a (mostly theoretical) option out there for him.

I was thinking 62 and spray...

Just throwing a (mostly theoretical) option out there for him.

That's not a bad idea if the OP doesn't mind not having the power all the time! I would like to see how these new s362s with super 62 wheels with race covers from ED would do in a single app and plan to upon the sale of my 468! Atleast until I can put the big primary under it:evil

Im not a big fan of spray as it runs out :( Thanks for all the info . The 300g/475 sounds like the trick for me.

Back