s363sxe stock fuel

black4x4

Cheater Motor sports
I'm looking to upgrade the turbo on my 06 and have seen the s363 were some say its great and others say it sucks on other forums. Mods are efi live and lift pump and built trans. I'm looking at the 63 with a .91t4 on a second gen manifold. would this work good towing 10-15k durning the summer possibly weekly. or would I be better off going with a modified 351 with a 63/67 setup. also down the road I do plan to do 100% overs modified cp3 to support them. end goal is to be around 800hp all said and done.

I would think with EFI Live, you'd love that turbo. I have it on my 04 with +100's and 10mm stroker pump. I love it above 1800 rpm! Your tuner will be able to make it work well. Even on stock fuel..... But it does like more fuel!

Yes. On my truck it seems to do well above 1800rpm. That's with Smarty tuning and 35 inch tires. Every truck is a little different but I've seen threads where both trucks had the same setups. One loved it, the other hated it. Tuning always seemed to be the difference.

800 hp on that 63/68/.91 would be pushing its limits. Could always throw a S475-S480 on top of it later. That should be more that enough air.

You could go with a S300 63/68 with a .80 housing from engineered diesel. That is a good street/ towing turbo. You may have spool up issues with a t4 housing.

62sxe with 68 wheel flows the same as the old 63/68 and should spool a little better. You can get a .83 T4 divided exhaust housing that will spool better than the 0.91, but if you are looking for 800 and fast spool you'd need to put it in a compound setup. A S467 or s369sxe as a single would get you over 800 but wouldn't tow as well. FWIW, I can make 10psi at 1500rpm unloaded on small hills and at 1800 it is spooling in fast- this is with the non-SXE cast wheel 63/68/12 from DAP and Lavon's tuning.

To get the 800 goal I was planning to go compounds I don't know why I didn't list that but something in the 475-480 range was what I was looking for.

The 63 will be good if you seriously intend to do compounds to get to 800. If not, go ahead and get an s467 or similar. It will spool almost exactly the same. Injector size is 99.9% irrelevant as far as spool up time is concerned.

I've got an sxe366 supercore I'll let go of cheap! Less than 1k miles and was my secondary. Just spooled too fast for me.

363 stock fuel

I ran my 363 on stock fuel for a couple months long before EFI live and it worked ok empty but spooled slow with the smarty tuner. Now with the 480 under it and only 60% overs it's tows my 30 foot camper as fast as you want to go. IMO. Start with both turbos if that's your goal you will enjoy it. Good luck:Cheer:

I have the sxe 366 on my 06 stock fuel and love it so far it's not what ur asking but I would save the 63 spool almost instant

I'm looking to upgrade the turbo on my 06 and have seen the s363 were some say its great and others say it sucks on other forums. Mods are efi live and lift pump and built trans. I'm looking at the 63 with a .91t4 on a second gen manifold. would this work good towing 10-15k durning the summer possibly weekly. or would I be better off going with a modified 351 with a 63/67 setup. also down the road I do plan to do 100% overs modified cp3 to support them. end goal is to be around 800hp all said and done.

Buy the 69mm. Don't mess with anything smaller. If you want some of our dyno/testing results give me a call. I can give you unbiased info on spool, temps, tuning, gearing, ect. 8126981736