S475 as single on Cummins?

My 12v had a stock cam with the silverbullet. We just put my motor back in and its got a custom colt cam in it now. If its half the cam my dad had made for his 06 im going to be pleased with the spool on my A5k with .83 housing. I really didnt have a problem spooling it before the build either but it should be interesting. Were going to do alot of testing at the strip this year between our two trucks.

My 12v had a stock cam with the silverbullet. We just put my motor back in and its got a custom colt cam in it now. If its half the cam my dad had made for his 06 im going to be pleased with the spool on my A5k with .83 housing. I really didnt have a problem spooling it before the build either but it should be interesting. Were going to do alot of testing at the strip this year between our two trucks.

what injectors/pump are you running? PM me if you want.

DD a s475 you so could but the the truck becomes useless, with my s472 if i have a few hundred pounds of wieght in the back of the truck the egts get hot because of the extra load, but with a really good set of injectars you could do it

that's what I was afraid of. I guess I'll give this s300 another shot.
thnx

I think your power goals and rpms are going to be the biggest issue. If I kept my 468 a manual shifter for my auto was going to be the next addition to my truck. If you want big rpm and power I say go for it. I towed with the 468 5000lbs and it was manageable shifting, actually did just fine. If you don't like shifting manually though it wouldn't be optimal.

You have a hp goal for this truck?

I think your power goals and rpms are going to be the biggest issue. If I kept my 468 a manual shifter for my auto was going to be the next addition to my truck. If you want big rpm and power I say go for it. I towed with the 468 5000lbs and it was manageable shifting, actually did just fine. If you don't like shifting manually though it wouldn't be optimal.

You have a hp goal for this truck?

power goals...well at around 650-700 w/ my twins now. Very confident with better fueling/cam maybe 8-850? With single, I'd like to be around that..

basically just looking for something different

this truck doesnt tow/probably never will, unless hooked to a sled

power goals...well at around 650-700 w/ my twins now. Very confident with better fueling/cam maybe 8-850? With single, I'd like to be around that..

basically just looking for something different

this truck doesnt tow/probably never will, unless hooked to a sled

Well if you're looking for 800-850 from a single i'd keep with the s400 idea. You may not need a 75mm compressor to make it. Give Chris at ED a shout and see what he likes for you. Some of their smaller s400 stuff has dynoed just shy of that; we discussed it when I did my s468 with them. I'm not sure a s300 single will live at those power levels but i'm no expert.

With your head work and the addition of a cam I think you'll be fine. These trucks are not magic and some comprimise will have to be made when looking for big power jmho!

Big singles can work you just need to be able to live with running more rpm to make them work. You can forget the days of 45mph OD lock ups and spooling over 8psi at 1500 though

Ran it without a gate on his 06 with a 1.0 housing, Flux 3.3s, dual cp3, smarty tnt r and dr.p. Hamilton Cam. Cut 1.62-1.64 60's on regular old 35in all terrains.

Sorry to get off topic. I was wondering what settings he used on the smarty? I also have the tnt-r and dr performance race module. When I hooked the module up it was running fine until I hit about 65mph then it sounded like it was ratteling and knocking. It is not supposed to add timing right?
Thanks Sean

Forgot the water pump on the air/water cooler and boiled the reservoir water. It ran more that day, and it was ran hard!! Bean ain't scared LOL

I ran the 71mm version of the 475 with a .90 housing and a loose Goerend converter for drag racing last year. When the wastegate worked, it put down a good bit of power with nitrous. When the wastegate failed, the turbos blew up.

There's a bunch of videos on my youtube account with how well it spooled. I don't use nitrous to spool the s-10.

I ran the 71mm version of the 475 with a .90 housing and a loose Goerend converter for drag racing last year. When the wastegate worked, it put down a good bit of power with nitrous. When the wastegate failed, the turbos blew up.

There's a bunch of videos on my youtube account with how well it spooled. I don't use nitrous to spool the s-10.

what size external wastegates you guys running on 12v or CR?

--side note, got the charger, 75/81/.90 - now have to decide which truck it goes on

what size external wastegates you guys running on 12v or CR?

--side note, got the charger, 75/81/.90 - now have to decide which truck it goes on
50mm Synapse. I realized too late in the season that I should have been cleaning it between races. Maybe next year will lead to less carnage.

with a cam and good fuel you can run a 475 without a gate...
i am

that's about as generic as you can state it...

what exhaust wheel?

what turbine housing?

what rpm?

I didn't like my drive pressure running a .9 housing and small turbine wheel at 4500 rpm with my S478. That was with no nitrous.

Back