S475 vs S480

hemidiesel

CUMMINS97
Looking to change turbos for next season just wondering how much of a difference there are between them for a 2.6 truck..

Can I change the wheel and housing myself or do I have to send it out and have it done

Nadm, fpp, interstate are not protrusion classes, so a steped cover can be ran, bushings are not allowed nadm and fpp (the bore can not be removeable). Interstate for what ever reason is allowing bushings. Ill have a class proven charger for sale after the first of the year!

How much more power can be made with a 480 over a 475 if the are close to the same or is the 80 a big jump if anyone has tried the two and compared them..

Like stated above, in your case more power will be made with a turbine change rather than compressor.

You will gain a lot more on the turbine side. That 83mm turbine is holding you back. But to answer your question the 80mm comp wheel can move close to 200 lbs of air more then the 75mm comp wheel. Thats a 200hp increase. But theres more to it then that. Your not going to bolt it on and get an easy 200hp. On our dyno we have seen 125hp incrase with ading some more fuel.