s476 FMW as a single

Black Diesel

I plan on doing a 6.4 (Cummins) for my truck build and plan on running this as a single. Specs are 76/87/1.1. I expect some lag but hoping it'll be pretty street friendly with 100% overs, built 6.7 head and EFI. Thoughts?

Call barder turbo service. James has a new 7 blade 75 drop in wheel that flows comparable to a fmw 80. I would go 1.10 t4 or .9 with a wastegate

I'm thinkin the 1.1 T4 but wonder if that'll be too laggy for a street truck. Not a DD bit more of a street brawler type deal that can still have nice manners when taking it to the movies or on vacation, etc.

Weve been doing the 76's & 75's in the 6.7's and they love it. The new 7 blade is a staggered hub, nothing new. Not comparable to the 80 but flow is increased a nice bit.

Got one coming that was cut from a FMW 480. Mine's a 5.9 though. If I can drive it, I promise you can. I'll keep you posted and look forward to hearing your results as well.

Got one coming that was cut from a FMW 480. Mine's a 5.9 though. If I can drive it, I promise you can. I'll keep you posted and look forward to hearing your results as well.

Appreciate it bud! Ashley told me about an 11 blade 475/87/1.1 but said the fmw 476/87/1.1 made 150 more hp than the 475 so I was thinking about that. Something tells me the 80, even on a 6.4, would be a little big for street friendliness. Thought the 76/87/1.1 would be perfect. Will I want a .9 for the street or will a 1.1 spool good?

Appreciate it bud! Ashley told me about an 11 blade 475/87/1.1 but said the fmw 476/87/1.1 made 150 more hp than the 475 so I was thinking about that. Something tells me the 80, even on a 6.4, would be a little big for street friendliness. Thought the 76/87/1.1 would be perfect. Will I want a .9 for the street or will a 1.1 spool good?

I ran a 475/87 previous to this, made good power (seat of the pants) and dropped my 1/4 mile time by 2/10ths. Will be interesting to see how much the new turbo helps. I originally thought about running the 480 just to see what would happen. But after talking with Ashley, we decided to make our own "hybrid" FMW...I'm very excited for it to get here!

As for the turbine housing, even though it only lasted 1/4 mile or so, my first turbo was a Batmo 475/87/1.0, it spooled alot better than we originally expected on my 5.9 with Smarty tuning. I spooled my latest 475/87/.90 at 1700, full song by 2300.

You do NOT want the .90 on a 6.7 go with a 1.1

^x2. Couldn't agree more with Taylor, you're going to be pleasantly surprised at what that motor can spool, and how quickly it will do it.

CR good luck with running that on a 5.9, hope it works for you. I'm surprised that batmo spooled so well on your truck. I will go with the 1.1 a/r. I'm super excited to see how fast this big of a single will spool on the street

Would you guys run an external gate with this turbo? If so would you prefer the gate flange on the manifold or a gate plate? I'm open to opinions.

So I'm thinkin a stainless manifold with a wg flange just like the steed then. I'll route the piping to dump into the downpipe some how. Thanks for the info on gate plates guys!

Not yet, I haven't really done anything with the truck lately. Waitin to pull the 5.9 and then have the 6.4 to drop in and then we'll be in business for this bad boy as a single

Got it. I was so excited to hear about the turbo, I totally missed the engine swap detail of your plan. lol I'll stand by.

So I'm thinkin a stainless manifold with a wg flange just like the steed then. I'll route the piping to dump into the downpipe some how. Thanks for the info on gate plates guys!
This is how I did mine.

uguvyseb.jpg

a7u3e9ev.jpg

e6a3y9uq.jpg

If it wasnt being flipped for twins I could have made the port feeding the gate alot larger.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:
How do you guys think this thing will spool on the street with a stock stall TC? My biggest thing is lag on the street. No experience with how 6.4/6.7's spool big singles so don't know what to expect for lag with the 1.1 housing.

No one? How about a happy medium between the 1.1 and .90, would a 1.0 work better? I just want this thing to still be fun on the street ya know?