Sacramento Truck Drags October 19

If anyone is associated with this event on this board can you tell me if i will have a problem shooting pictures by the guardrail? I shoot pictures at all the big event Sac Raceway puts on throughout the year so i know all the track workers but i know this isn't an event put on by the racetrack. Will i need to talk to anyone to get some "special" credentials?

If anyone is associated with this event on this board can you tell me if i will have a problem shooting pictures by the guardrail? I shoot pictures at all the big event Sac Raceway puts on throughout the year so i know all the track workers but i know this isn't an event put on by the racetrack. Will i need to talk to anyone to get some "special" credentials?

dont worry about it steven, you wont have a problem.

Steven:

I dont think there will be any problems with you taking your quality photos at the track on Sunday.

We had a lot of fun with the FOX 40 reporter Bethany Crouch on Friday morning for the photo shoot, turns out it was broadcast live on the morning show.

Here is a snippet, they actually did about 6 segments between the 0800 and 0900 hour show.

click on the link below and then look for the TRUCK DRAGS video.

Thats my OBS two-tone green Ford in the background and any of you who know me, know that I have never entered any competition events in the 9 or 10 years I have been posting on any diesel board, but in a later segment of the broadcast I did make my first ever run down the track with a mid 16 second time in a 6 speed truck.

http://fox40.com/pages/fox40_live

The TV crew is supposed to be out at the track on Sunday to film some footage for the Sunday 10 PM news.

We will be getting a DVD of all the FOX 40 footage some time next week and I will try to get them online ASAP

Weather will be great, high 70s to 80 and no wind, this will be the last race of the season at Sac raceway

big jake

I just bought another truck tonight, so now I will be there with something to race. See you all in the morning.

Thanks to Orangevale Diesel for setting up this event I had a great time:woohoo:

It was nice seeing old friends and getting to meet new people

Fun event. Got a couple of runs in with the new setup. Got kicked off. lol

Allright, here's a quick rundown of what I remember

Chris Werner 10.43@131
Cole Dow (p-pumped 1st gen) 11.68 w/spray
Kat 12.50 (new best!)
Drake 10.89
08 LMM on spray 12.2
Adam Winslett 11.27 w/problems
Joe Higuera (spelling?)(Blue Dodge) BOOM!! 12-something with a nitrous backfire that blew his stacks off and put dents in his cab.
Tom Collins 12.66 VE truck, 12mm pump.
Brad Ponci 11.41--twins 160hp pump

Sorry if I forgot anyone...lotta nice/fast trucks there!

Thanks again on behalf of Orangevale Diesel for all who showed up and hopefully had a great time.

We had 105 tech slips for trucks only and it was roughly split 50/50 between gassers and diesel trucks, plus about another 20 or so VWs.

big jake

I made one more after Jason left, 11.65. I have video of most the fast trucks so I'll work on gettin that up. I just wanted to say great event, had a really fun time, and congrats to Adam, when we raced I had a 1.61 and adam had a 1.59! 60ft and shortly after he had like 3 lengths on me until he hurt the trans, that was for sure a 10 second pass.

Back