Safe cheap 550 hp daily driver

inline6359

Microwaving cats since 01
Okay i have a buddy who wants a cheap safe 5-550 daily driver. He has a 2001 2500 5spd diesel. He ants a 5-550 hp and the clutch will come. all we are worried about is the engine right now. Stock vp mind you.

Here is what i said:

1. ht3b below the stock rebuilt hx35
2. ATS 3 piece manifold
3. 250 edge jammer nozzles
4. Fass 150 fuel system
5. Redline box
6. Edge with att as gauges and stackable box?

So that was my contribution. What reccomendations do you guys reccommend to get 550 out od the motor? I know very little about vp trucks, so please help.

Thanks
Rick

150hp injectors, 66 turbo, edge drag comp, GDP fuel pump or MITUSA pump,

Fass 150, DD4's or 150HP+- equivilant, 64mm turbo and either Drag Comp, TST PM3 Comp or Redline. That should have you at 500 at least.

inline6359 said:
1. ht3b below the stock rebuilt hx35
2. ATS 3 piece manifold
3. 250 edge jammer nozzles
4. Fass 150 fuel system
5. Redline box

If you're gonna spend the money on a fuel system, you might was well get something mechanical instead of an electric pump. Look for mitusa, rasp, or their clones.

The redline is for guys who want a lot of rpms. The hot juice should be comparable in power.

He should have a 235hp SO engine, so that will help.

Jammer 5's, Drag Comp (or Juice), and Twins should get you over 500 and close to 550 on an SO. Skip the Redline.

I would put a 1-3/8" input shaft in the tranny while your there, even if you stick with a single disc clutch!

Chris

A set of 150hp sticks, Drag comp or TST/Smarty, and a 64mm turbo. Safe, reliable 500-550hp combination. I'd skip the redline box as well. It really is a hardcore box.

inline6359 said:
Here is what i said:

1. ht3b below the stock rebuilt hx35 <----- A single will do fine.
2. ATS 3 piece manifold<--- Kinda like a dorbell on an outhouse. Nice, but not needed.
3. 250 edge jammer nozzles <-spend the $$ saved on the manifolld and get some DDP's or F1's
4. Fass 150 fuel system
5. Redline box <----- Dorbell on the outhouse again... scratch this and #6 and buy a drag comp

My 2 cents.

Smarty on an 07 only makes 430 and some change with no other mods...

my brother had an 02 daily driver he had a set of bd twins,scheid lightning injectors,scheid hot vp44,fass fuel system, and a hotter version of the edge drag comp(which is now for sale) and he did over 550hp and close to 1200 tq and drove it every day

Sorry for so long to respnds i just got hom from school. I think we have a plan of attack. Mind you he has his hears set on twins and we can get a s400 for aout 600, and tranny is a non issue right now.

Here is the list.

Home grown fuel system, one stop shop at summit. 600
s400 600
7x.16 injectors ?
Drag comp with attitude gauges 780

I am not sure if i am forgetting anything.

Rick

Skip the attitude and get a drag comp and some normal gauges. Will cost ya less and be more accurate and easier to read and notice trends and what not. I hate those digital gauges.

see sig. and i drive it everyday and run better then it ever did stock....and i am not talking HP

on a single i make 550hp, with twins he could get away with Mach 4.5 or 5's...a little less smoke

Scott

It is pretty easy to get to 500 with a VP-SO. Basically a 62 single turbo - may be a little on the small side, but it will do it. Get a 64 if you want a little more top end charge. A timing box stacked with a fueling box - I prefer a power puck/FMS stack, but a drag comp works great for less money. A set of jammer 4's (125hp) will do right at 500 with this combination.

Not sure if he already has them or not, but head studs are a must! They won't getcha much more power but they'll save ya some green...