Saving injectors on a 6.7... Install inline Fuel Filter or Prep System?

Bobcat698

Pure Diesel Power
I currently have 4500 miles on my 6.7L that I got less than 2 weeks ago. I will be keeping this truck for 100K+ miles most likely, so I want to keep the injectors in good shape.

What do you think would be more worthwhile, installing an inline 3 micron filter/water separator system and leaving the stock pump in the tank, or installing the draw straw and install a Fuel Preporator, with pump, and filters?

Are the in-tank pumps in the 6.7 still a POS?

I am a bit leery on putting the draw-straw in my brand new truck as I don't want to have issues when parking on a hill when I'm low on fuel.'

Lets hear it.

I just had an injector go out in my truck and hopefully it didnt take the motor which I am pretty sure it did, with the blow by, I have run my stock liftpump the whole time with no problems, and you can see the mods in my sig

To keep it a nice new mildly stock truck I wouldn't go with the draw straw, especially if thats your tow rig. You dont need any fuel issues on the road.

Any body ever do a dual feed with a Stock pump+ another pump with a draw straw. And maybe just put a one way check valve in the OEM pump line to keep the pressure from working against the stock LP?

To keep it a nice new mildly stock truck I wouldn't go with the draw straw, especially if thats your tow rig. You dont need any fuel issues on the road.

Any body ever do a dual feed with a Stock pump+ another pump with a draw straw. And maybe just put a one way check valve in the OEM pump line to keep the pressure from working against the stock LP?

Your running This? Edge Juice Hot/ Ts Performance MP8/Snow Stage 3/Zex Nitrous/ with a modified CP3 and injectors on a STOCK lift pump??? And your rail pressure is "WHAT"? All that money into mods and you don't make sure you have plenty of fuel supply at WOT? I don't get it!!!!:bang:bang

Your running This? Edge Juice Hot/ Ts Performance MP8/Snow Stage 3/Zex Nitrous/ with a modified CP3 and injectors on a STOCK lift pump??? And your rail pressure is "WHAT"? All that money into mods and you don't make sure you have plenty of fuel supply at WOT? I don't get it!!!!:bang:bang

Im lost?:what: . DieselLady what exactly are you talking about?

Nevermind, I see the post above mine, You must have quoted me by accident.

I currently have 4500 miles on my 6.7L that I got less than 2 weeks ago. I will be keeping this truck for 100K+ miles most likely, so I want to keep the injectors in good shape.

What do you think would be more worthwhile, installing an inline 3 micron filter/water separator system and leaving the stock pump in the tank, or installing the draw straw and install a Fuel Preporator, with pump, and filters?

Are the in-tank pumps in the 6.7 still a POS?

I am a bit leery on putting the draw-straw in my brand new truck as I don't want to have issues when parking on a hill when I'm low on fuel.'

Lets hear it.

I personally would not try to draw fuel through the stock lift pump. For that reason alone I installed the draw straw. I also rarely let it get below 1/4 tank. I doubt this would ever be an issue unless you plan on spending lot of time in San Francisco! :hehe:

Im lost?:what: . DieselLady what exactly are you talking about?

Nevermind, I see the post above mine, You must have quoted me by accident.

Talking about post #2. check his mods, and all the horsepower he has. I don't understand why he would build the truck without first installing an aftermarket lift pump. That all. ??????
Opps, just realized what i did. haven't had my second cup of coffee yet. Sorry.

Guess I should bang my head some more until I wake up. :bang:bang

25,600-26,000 at WOT and it dont drop at all, why waste money on crap you dont need my rail pressure holds fine with my mods, and stock injectors still, when I need a lift pump I will get one

I am looking into the 6.7 for myself and i see alo of these threads about the injectors and problems that have been occurring which most of them arent serious, but my issue with some of the replies is that they are mostly from people who have heavily modafied their rig.

I understand that they asked a reliability question but i am not sure you have grounds to talk about reliability when you put a stock set of injectors through so much abuse or anthing/part for that matter, not trying to piss anyone ff but its what i have been seeing.

most the issues i have seen with 6.7l injectors stem from the truck being overlaoded with soot and piling up in the intake then getting sucked back into the combustion chamber to destroy the valve seats and injector tips.

You mean soot building up from a clogged DPF an a smoke tune? Im lost lol how does it get back through the motor into the intake.

Yup That Is What I Mean, All The Soot Goes Though The Egr And Into The Cold Side Of The Motor And Starts Packing Up In The Intake Plenum.

Ya but first it gets a nice coat of oil from the closed crankcase vent. Coats the turbo, intercooler intake manifold and grid heater. Then you add some nice hot exhaust gas and cycle the grid heater a few times and it bakes it all on like tar and feathers. Ugh! What a mess. :doh: