Scangauge II on an 06

cerickson

fullpull108
Been looking at the scangauge II for the 06. Wanting to get some input from others that have this product. What are your likes and dislikes. I'm wanting to use it to monitor tranny temps and rail pressure. I emailed scangauge and they said it can monitor both. Just wanting to get opinions. Are they worth it? Or should I just save for an Edge CTS? All input greatly appreciated.

I run one don't have trans temp but have to look again I use a gauge. I would save for the edge. I like the scan for the actual fuel usage, MPG, eng load, TPS % You just have to set up and not forget to update when you fill up.

Saw on the scangauge website that it can read boost levels. Is this on cars or can it read it on the diesels as well?

That would be cool! But no at least not on mine. Going to have to see maybe there is an update online Let me do some homework on this one!

I wouldn't think it would read boost, being as there's no electrical wiring going to the turbo from the ecm. Just going by what was on the site. It says it can read boost from turbos and superchargers.

It reads it through the map sensor on top of the intake, no reading on the turbo side.

Sent from my KFSOWI using Tapatalk

Andrew,

Boost is available as a standard gauge on the ScanGaugeII on the latest software. You will have to go into the advanced set up menu and select the MAP to report as Boost. We have transmission temperature available as an XGauge. You can access the XGauges at the following link http://www.scangauge.com/support/x-gauge/dodge-specific/. If these codes do not work, we are in the process of testing XGauge codes for Dodge/Chrysler/Jeep vehicles which you can access at the following link http://www.scangauge.com/uncategorized/dodgechryslerjeep-testers/.

Regards,

Cristina Bollinger
Repairs and Technical Support
Linear Logic

The above links show how to set up the ScanGauge for trans and Rail.

Last edited:
Thanks for the research. Think I'm going to go ahead and get it. Will get the cts when I get the efi. Will be nice to have a scan tool that will work on all my vehicles. Thanks again.

Back