School Project help

Jrgunn5150

At my Community College we are putting a 6.0 into a 96 Ranger to go drag racing with. After it get's studded and deleted, what would you do to this engine and why?

It's an esoteric question, but it's also part of my project, so i need some help!

I really need help with the specific parts, as in EXACTLY what turbo, not just "throw some compounds on it"

I have no idea what works for a 6.0 and I'm a little out of my depth as far as diesel performance goes.

:kick:

Excellent stuff, thank you, i was looking at this on another forum, but the threads are all discombobulated.

At my Community College we are putting a 6.0 into a 96 Ranger to go drag racing with. After it get's studded and deleted, what would you do to this engine and why?

It's an esoteric question, but it's also part of my project, so i need some help!

I really need help with the specific parts, as in EXACTLY what turbo, not just "throw some compounds on it"

I have no idea what works for a 6.0 and I'm a little out of my depth as far as diesel performance goes.

:kick:

Give us a call tomorrow 817-736-8058. We can shed some like on the turbos with out any issues. That's the easy part.

One of the prototype sets we just finished.
http://www.competitiondiesel.com/forums/showthread.php?t=78624

attachment.php

Trusted, thank you, I will do that this afternoon, this is what I have so far, and my budget is 30k for the engine, assuming all labor and fabwork is free, drivetrain is someone else's project.

6.0 Powerstroke Parts.

Full Race cylinder heads, 4000.00
Empire Diesel
SuperDog 250 FASS 877.00
Empire Diesel
250mm Injectors, 1800.00
River City Diesel

Yeah, give me a call. With 30k, there are other things you may want to consider.

Yeah, give me a call. With 30k, there are other things you may want to consider.

Will do, before I waste your time though, this is purely a thought exercise, I don't really have 30k lol.

One thing that's getting me is the fact that I can build the vehicle around the engine, I don't have to stay within the confines of a stock vehicle.

Will do, before I waste your time though, this is purely a thought exercise, I don't really have 30k lol.

One thing that's getting me is the fact that I can build the vehicle around the engine, I don't have to stay within the confines of a stock vehicle.

Real money or fake money, with that type of budget, there are other things to consider.