SCT Problems - Also Thanks to DJ and Crew

tbsimmons

I have been trying to figure out a shifting problem that I have had since the SCT. DJ and Crew have been great, but I am just trying to fine tune the thing. WOT throttle I feel it too high. It was bouncing off the rev limiter in 3rd I believe. It is not now, but I think it is still too high. Revlimiter is set to 4150.
It is not bouncing off the limiter now, but it seems that it is nosing over before the shift. It feels like a defuel.
With the SCT if I want to set the WOT shift back.
Do I just select the gears I want and subtract a couple of MPH?
In the SCT it has 1-2, 2-3, 3-5, 4-6, 5-6.
I guess I dont really understand how the shifting in these tranny's work.
Is the 3-5 section actually 3-4 and 4-5?
If I set the 2-3, 3-5 to -2 MPH will it lower the 2-3, 3-4 and 4-5 -2 MPH?
Also after the shift the power comes back in and feels great.
If it helps I have 3.73 gears with 315-75-16 tires.
I have adjusted the tires to 590 Revs/mile and 3.73 gears.
Anyone else having this problem?
This is on the street and looney.

The new Looney you guys sent runs great, but has a lot less power, less than the street tune. Shifts perfect, no defuel feeling, quick and crisp.

If the street and looney could have the normal power and shift like the above it would be perfect.

The other is the tow tune.

I used to tow with the Edge on 3-4 and controlled the EGT's with my foot. I liked the power at part throttle and hardly floored it. Can you guys make a tow tune with the exhaust brake, tranny shifting out of the street tune?

Thanks

Last edited:
Hi Troy,

The looney with the most power is a track file. We skim a bit on driveability because it is set for wot. Once we allow for more driveability it takes away from power. However, the looney with less power should still feel much stronger than the street.

We can put together a tow tune with exhaust brake to shift like the street file but we don't recommend you tow more than 8500 lbs. with it. We replied to your emails earlier but did not request that you tell us by filename what you are happy with and what you want to change. We've sent you several files for economy, street and looney. We can work best off the ones we already sent then starting anew. Just let us know.

Thanks,
Vivian

Thanks.
I emailed you back the files and what I would like to be changed.
It is not the way the truck acts on the Looney per say.
It is that the shift is too high.
At WOT the truck will not shift into 3 I believe, might eb forth.
I have tried to set the shift back in the SCT, but still does not work.
I think the RPM is too high when the shift starts. I feels like it is not even starting the shift..
Thanks.

Hi Troy,

The last email I received, from you, said "will do". I haven't received anything else.

Thanks,
Vivian

Last edited:
I sent one yesterday one yesterday at 8:25 am with the attached files.
I will email again.

Hi Troy,

We never did receive Sunday's email. Glad I was able to let you know so you can send it again. We did receive the one you sent last night and appreciate all the information. I have a street and looney that DJ wrote for you on Friday, I think, but I hadn't had a chance to send them out. They are on another computer and it's a bit more complicated. I'm going to go ahead and send you those then read to him your email to see if the changes are adequate. We'll also respond to you on your questions/comments.

Thanks & have a great day,
Vivian

You guys are top notch in service.
Anyone seeing this should take a note, this service is not everywhere, really not in the modding a vehicle scene.
Thanks again Vivian and DJ.

Back