sct question

ChaseN

Jobless/Truckless
i just got an SCT from a deal i did. I tried it out on one of my 06's. it works flawlessly.

then i tried it out of another 06 of ours, and it says "wrong vehicle, press select". then it backs me out of it.

why can i not program this ONE truck? i have tried this tuner of about 4-5 trucks and it works on all of this just not this one.

that sucks.
i thought these tuners would work on all 6.0's??

the SCT generic tunes should load in all of the trucks. Custom tunes are written to a specific strategy but it should still load , just might not run right.
As to why, i have no idea.

You need to unlock the Xcal before you can program another truck. You only get 4 or 5 (?)unlocks before you need to send the Xcal back to SCT to be reset.

mine says 2 left..
i am new to sct so i have no idea anything about it.

if a custom tune worked on every truck it would defeat the purpose of vin locking the device and charging everyone the same amount of money for a tune because just one person would have to buy all the tunes then email them to everyone that wanted "custom" tunes.

mine says 2 left..
i am new to sct so i have no idea anything about it.

So if you unlock the XCal, then tune another truck, then unlock it again to go back to the original truck, you are out of freebies. IIRC SCT gets $150 to reset the XCal so use your remaining unlocks wisely grasshopper LOL

i will let you know tomorrow. one of my buddies wants to see if it will work on his truck. if so he wants it.

Just bought an SCT from DJ's. I got it comin with the looney tune a street tune and economy. Its the livewire so I'm pretty anxious to get it in. Any thought on these things??? are they worth it?

Just bought an SCT from DJ's. I got it comin with the looney tune a street tune and economy. Its the livewire so I'm pretty anxious to get it in. Any thought on these things??? are they worth it?

The tuning part is definitely worth it. As for the other options with the Livewire, it's worth it if it does what you need it to do.
IMO you won't be disappointed

Back