SCT X3 by Innovative

MacbooknMyTruck

Waiting and Wanting
Hey guys! Since all of you have convinced me to go for the SCT X3 custom tuned by Innovative, I have a few questions. hat kind of horsepower gains are y'all getting at max output from this tuner? Also, which level do y'all get the best fuel mileage from? And what kind of fuel mileage gains are you getting?
THANKS!:)

When I dyno'ed mine about two years ago I hit 425rwhp and 795rwtq. That was with intake, exhaust, and a really awsome Tune from Eric.

I have yet to hand calculate my MPG but I know that Xtreme Race gives me the best MPG, that is if you can keep your foot out of the pedal haha

Do you have to pay the extra $80 Xtreme High Power Upgrade to get the extreme race, or does that come with the custom tuned SCT X3 from Innovative?

You have to pay the $80 for the extreme tune, well worth it. Highest HP programs offer best mileage usually, but it will depend mostly on driver habits. Xtreme Race from Eric has been proven thus far to be highest HP for the SCT's and they take the truck to about 420-430 rwhp and 750+ rwtq.

My truck has consistantly dyno'd LOW compared to other 6.0's but you should see at the very least anywhere from 380-420 with the Xtreme race file and get the best MPG with that tune when driving sanely.

My truck did 359/716 with the race file, stock it only put down a measy 226/355. Seems to be about 50hp below the average 6.0L. Seems to run just fine but gotta be something amiss with my motor :doh:

I have yet to hand calc out the mileage but according to the dash readout I have gained a solid 2mpg over stock with the race file.

How much are you guys getting with Erics Extream Street/studs and what kind of EGTs are you seeing. I haven't dynoed mine and was just wondering.:thankyou2:

Do you have to pay the extra $80 Xtreme High Power Upgrade to get the extreme race, or does that come with the custom tuned SCT X3 from Innovative?

When I bought mine it was a $40 option to get the "Xtreme Tune Package" which consisted of three tunes of my choice. Of course this was probably in 2005, so it has changed since then.

My truck has consistantly dyno'd LOW compared to other 6.0's but you should see at the very least anywhere from 380-420 with the Xtreme race file and get the best MPG with that tune when driving sanely.

My truck did 359/716 with the race file, stock it only put down a measy 226/355. Seems to be about 50hp below the average 6.0L. Seems to run just fine but gotta be something amiss with my motor :doh:

I have yet to hand calc out the mileage but according to the dash readout I have gained a solid 2mpg over stock with the race file.

Just curious, but how much does it cost to get a truck dyno'd?

Around here Dyno is $75 for three pulls.

Also, I dunno if Innovative is a vendor on here too or not, but he generally gives deals to members of forums that he sponsors. TDG is one that I know of for sure. (hopefully I dont get accused of spamming)

Just curious, but how much does it cost to get a truck dyno'd?

anywhere from $50-100 I would guess depending on region and all sorts of factors. When I did it bone stock it was $75 for 3 pulls and last time I did it (at the same shop) it was $65 for 3 pulls. Look for dyno days and stuff where they get a good group of trucks like 10-15+ and might be able to get some group discounts or so.

How do you dyno with the TQshift trans. I heard that they won't hold in the 1 to 1 gear( I think thats 4th gear)?

How do you dyno with the TQshift trans. I heard that they won't hold in the 1 to 1 gear( I think thats 4th gear)?

true, I hear Eric, or probably any tuner can write you a dyno tune that will hold the motor in 1:1 but for all the pulls I did the pull was done in OD. Get it up to around 60 or so and let the converter lock and roll into it it steady and should be on the floor just after the tach reaches 2k and it shouldn't downshift.

I've never dyno'd in any gear other than OD. Most of 'em have you do it the way jdc753 just said.

true, I hear Eric, or probably any tuner can write you a dyno tune that will hold the motor in 1:1 but for all the pulls I did the pull was done in OD. Get it up to around 60 or so and let the converter lock and roll into it it steady and should be on the floor just after the tach reaches 2k and it shouldn't downshift.
Ok, so running it in OD would give you lower readings then if you ran it in 4th wouldn't it? Lower rear end gears will put more TQ to the ground and the HP readings are taken off of the amount of TQ put down by a mathmatical formula, right. So your power output is actually higher then your getting in OD. Cool. When I use to race jeeps I always had my jeep power dynoed to set my timing (points-before electronic ignition) and jetting. That was on twin rollers and you hoped you connected the retainer chains right. Thank you for the info on dynoing the TQshift. Brian

So which is better, Xtreme Race or Extreme Street? And out of ALL Eric's tunes, which gets the best fuel mileage?

Extreme Race is going to lock the TC on all gears, Extreme Street locks 3 and 4 only, I think.

Extreme street locks in gears that normally get locked close to those times they normally did.
Extreme Race locks it in 2nd all the way thru the rest

What Eric told me for dynoing with the torqueshift was...

In OD, get on the throttle and get the truck rolling until it feels like it shifted into 4th gear. He said this will actually be 5th for the 5R110. Direct quote from Eric, he said the 5R110 in OD goes ... 1, 2, 3, 5, 6. Now I've read since then that it skips one gear, depending on the temp of the truck, though running on the dyno it should be warmed up anyways. However dependent on the temp of the tranny, it will either skip 3rd or 4th... Obviously skipping 4th when warm and 3rd when cold!? Make sense...

(I might have that backwards, but what I quoted from eric is a direct quote).

Back