SDX Delivery valves

copenglenn

It's beer 30
I noticed there wasn't much discussion on these except for SDX comp dv's so I thought I would start a thread. I was looking for a little more fuel for my setup and decided it was time to get some dv's. Holy sh!t did I find it! They fuel hard, I never thought I'd have to put a plate back in but wow! Need to do some fine tuning to get the low end fueling where I want but they definitely have impressed me. Anyone else running these?

On a side note, I'm running these in my 181 seats. Think it will help/be worth it to get 131's to help them run cleaner?

i thought they were meant to be run in a 131 seat ???
i could be wrong, s0 don't quote me.

far as i knew these were similar fuel to a full cut, but when they close they don't let fuel past them like the full cuts do... cutting down on the idle haze and overall smokey / hotness of the full cuts.

a good compromise of all out fueling with a bit better behavior.

How have they helped with spooling on that 64? Im looking at a 66 in the future and might have bigger injectors but am thinking of trying to see where dvs can get me.

I run them in my DD although their maker does not recommend that. Mine have a strong idle lope but they drive great and fuel like an sob for sure. I too found tons tons more fuel with them. They don't add haze like the 191s and 022s i've run although I do run the SDX comp valves with a 131 seat. To the OP get the 131 seat in their if you can. You may find a better driving truck with them or you may not. In my experience the 131 seats seal better and provide better driveability.

Do not let the fact my truck lopes at idle detract you from trying these. My truck has always been a bit on the trashy side.

I kind of knew 131 seats were the way to go but all I had was 181's so that's what I went with. My truck idles great with very little haze so hopefully changing seats will clear that up. Anyone have any 131 seats they would be willing to sell?

I have no trouble spooling my 64. The only problem I have now is overfueling it and hindering spool time. I should have that fixed this week as my afc diaphram has a small boost leak and I've got TST springs sitting on the shelf to tinker with. Might have to throw a plate back in it too.

Is the SDX valve made of that valve you send in? Will not the fueling be different on the valves depending if they were made of 191,181,131,024 or022? Or is the shoulder olso machined?
//nilsson

They are not made of the valve you send in, there would be waaaay to much difference. from one set to the next, hence the reason for a core charge. If you look at the pics in the other thread, it appears they are 131's that are machined.

Back