Secure Storage

gasjr4wd

Heading out on vacation in a few weeks for the first time with the truck... looking for some type of secure storage, I guess for the bed. I have a cross the bed tool box but that is basicly full. At first I thought some sort of tonneau cover but I would have to remove the tool box. Not a deal breaker but...
My only guess is a box sitting on the bed floor bolted to the tool box.
Shame there isn't a cover that will fit a full size bed with a tool box.
Any thoughts? Ideas? Picts?
(the back seat will be filled with dogs) :hehe:

How wide is your toolbox? Why couldn't you adapt something like a Roll-n-Lock for a short bed with the toolbox? Or, even one for a long bed for that matter.

what he said ^

.. bed cover for a short bed. get with a few bed cover manufacturer's and im sure they will have something for you

Buy the largest Yeti cooler you can find. Put your stuff in it and chain it in the bed. Secure. Weather tight. Doubles as cooler when you are done. AND they are bear proof for God's sake. ;)

I know a guy that has a tool box/ tonneau cover setup that the tonneau cover rolls up in the bottom of the tool box and the rest of the tool box is storage. Its a real cool setup but i have no idea who makes it and i would imagine it is quit expensive

How wide is your toolbox? Why couldn't you adapt something like a Roll-n-Lock for a short bed with the toolbox? Or, even one for a long bed for that matter.

Sorry for the delay guys... other things been going on.
It's 20", or including the front lip on the bed about 23".
I've been looking at roll and flip covers. Someone recommended on company but it only fits their own toolboxes, if you can call them a toolbox...
This is the one I have:
http://www.homedepot.com/p/Husky-70-in-Topsider-Black-Low-Profile-Truck-Box-THD70LPB/203418343

I even thought about putting some sort of smaller lockable box in the cab.
I don't want to drill in the truck bed floor but for some reason I don't mind doing it in the cab.(?) Would be sweet to have the storage spots that the new trucks have. Side of the bed and in the cab.

Buy the largest Yeti cooler you can find. Put your stuff in it and chain it in the bed. Secure. Weather tight. Doubles as cooler when you are done. AND they are bear proof for God's sake. ;)

$1400? Holly crap!
Then I gotta add a lock. I think I'll pass but thanks for the idea.
The chain something in deal - I was looking at. I only see the bolt on tie downs to secure to. Not sure how that would work.

I know a guy that has a tool box/ tonneau cover setup that the tonneau cover rolls up in the bottom of the tool box and the rest of the tool box is storage. Its a real cool setup but i have no idea who makes it and i would imagine it is quit expensive

Like:
http://bakindustries.com/
Doesn't look like it will fit another tool box. But great idea. I like how they are sturdy.

Back