seen this?

Just like every other intake made for the cummins it does absolutely nothing to address the choke point where the grid heaters are.

Buy it for looks.

Burner, I have one of the CFM pieces on my truck. They are one of my sponsors. It is a pretty nice piece, no it doesn't delete the heater below unless you want some nasty idle on cold days... I will PM you a pick with it on the truck at SEMA. According to Fastcore (CFM+), I recieved the first production piece. It was overnighted to my room in Vegas so I could have it for thr show.

They look sexy, but xplod is right. the plenum has to be re-worked to see any nice gains IMO

Whereabouts in Bham are you at Xplod?

Shoot man, I live in Moody. I work on the northside of the town, about 10 minutes from ya

Nice, I work in Tarrant and currently holding the truck in Pinson at a shop where we are working on some tuning issues as well as some suspension. I am getting ready for a photoshoot in late December for Truckin' and Car Audio & Electronics.

You probably drive past my office to get to work. I work on 35th ave n. and grew up in pinson

Too bad you couldn't Dyno that thing before the part was on it.

Last edited:
Cfm+

MD-LUCKY said:
Just like every other intake made for the cummins it does absolutely nothing to address the choke point where the grid heaters are.

Buy it for looks.

MD-LUCKY:

Actual precision flow bench testing done with and without the heater grid for each manifold we tested, demonstrated that the CFM+ with the grid in place flows tremendously more air than the stock manifold using a free flow spacer (it would be like removing 2.4 heater grids on a stock truck) . To put this in perpective the CFM+ with the heater grid flows almost the same amount of air as the Banks without the grid. So if you had a Banks now and switched to a CFM+ it would be almost the same as removing the heater grid and replacing it with free flow spacer but you could still start your truck even on the coldest days. Just so you know the Banks does flow much more air than stock but the CFM+ flows 20% more than Banks. Also the + in CFM+ is for the insulating properties of the high temp engineering composites used. The rate this material allows heat to pass through is 900 times slower than any cast aluminum manifold.

HP=AIR+FUEL

Hope this helps,
Service@CFM+

Cfm+

Xplod said:
Burner, I have one of the CFM pieces on my truck. They are one of my sponsors. It is a pretty nice piece, no it doesn't delete the heater below unless you want some nasty idle on cold days... I will PM you a pick with it on the truck at SEMA. According to Fastcore (CFM+), I recieved the first production piece. It was overnighted to my room in Vegas so I could have it for thr show.

Rodney:

Saw the Xplod truck at SEMA and loved it. I came by a couple times to see you but you must have been checking out the rest of the amazing vehicles. You did a great job in a short period of time. Congradulations.

Cool.:rockwoot: I bet we'll see quite a few of these on trucks next year.

Thanks service@cfm+ (or should I call you by your name?)
I have Primedia coming down to shoot the truck on Dec. 27th for a feature in Truckin' and also Car Audio & Electronics (April issue). I will get you over some
pics of the show and also new current pics with the CFM+ tapped w/ water/meth and N2O injection.